Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Baldo's Discovery {FULL}
Amnesiape Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Baldo's Discovery {FULL}

that was just for fun, and you know how much time you spend in a small map? a couple of hours, so if you would like to wait a few months, go back in the queue.

03-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-15-2012, 06:40 PM)Amnesiape Wrote: that was just for fun, and you know how much time you spend in a small map? a couple of hours, so if you would like to wait a few months, go back in the queue.
I'm sorry, but it's unacceptable that you used maps from Amnesia. I'd rather you make shitty maps that look like they took 5 minutes to make than do that. What that guy said to you is all very truthful and helpful for you if you ever make another custom story, and you should really take into consideration what he said instead of just brushing what he said off as mindless hate.

Posting Freak
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Website Find
Amnesiape Offline

so i may use amnesia models, sounds, music, scares, but not the maps? i dont get it.

03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Website Find
MaLiBu*KiLL3r Offline

Threads: 0

I have been waiting for this !
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(03-16-2012, 06:34 PM)Amnesiape Wrote: so i may use amnesia models, sounds, music, scares, but not the maps? i dont get it.
Frictional Games has generously allowed their fan base to use the tools and resources that they made Amnesia with. But, I think you interpreted that slightly differently.

Think of it like this: Someone gives you some paint and a picture of a nice outdoor scenery. You're supposed to use that painting as inspiration to create your own masterpiece, but instead, you simply copied it stroke for stroke.

Trust me, when you take your time and make your own beautiful maps filled with spooks and a great atmosphere, you'll feel great. Yes, it is time consuming, but trust me, its worth it. One map, (size varying) can take a few hours, hell, even a few days if done correctly, not taking scripting into account. Please, for future reference, remember this.

03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Find
Amnesiape Offline

yea im currently working on a new map, for my new custom story, Dead man's garbage. I worked for a few hours on it but im happy with the result, sorry for the misunderstanding Smile

03-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Website Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

Anyone for new pair of underwear ?
One of the best jump scare maps ive ever played Big Grin

Great Work !

lol noobs
03-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Find
RandomGuyPlay Offline

Threads: 0

Really good one so far! Will rate it after i've played through the whole one. Feel free to subscribe, helps really much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ew5LvCG1...AAAAAAAAAA
Thanks!
03-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

Threads: 2

Downloading and bout to play, hope its very scary. Gonna record my reactions

Finished playing it ..

It's alright i guess. As stated above the scares are too obvious.. story was a bit strange and recorded myself for 30 mins and honestly barely got scared with any of them ..
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 02:46 PM by juxhin.)
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Just played it. My thoughts:

Spoiler below!
It was...uhm...something.

It was full of "jump scares", as you advertised. The problem is, it is SO FULL OF THEM that none of them scared me. Seriously. Not a single one. I pick up a key, knowing full well something will jump out at me, or appear, or make a loud noise, or something like that. Rarely was I wrong. A few of them even made me laugh (such as the door slamming with the loud noise after something is picked up (I don't remember exactly where), but the door slammed about a second after the sound played, and I couldn't help but laugh).

I will assume English is not your first language. Therefore grammatical errors are fine.

It was EXTREMELY predictable. I was walking down a hall, saw a potted plant, and said out loud to myself, "that's gonna break as I walk by." Guess what. It did.

Overall, I give it two "Blehs" and a "What the hell did I just play?"

Sorry, but there was zero atmosphere to accompany the jump scares, which ultimately makes them useless. There was no story, at least not one I could follow. Nothing made any sense.

03-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Find