Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Retexturize a Grunt?
HollowRiku13 Offline

Threads: 15
Retexturize a Grunt?

I want to know if possible to re-texturize a grunt, I have already tried with a lot of Entities and it worked, but when I try to make it with a Grunt nothing happens, it remains as before, this is what I did:
1. I copied the files in the folder "servant_grunt" to the desktop.
2. I opened "servant_grunt.dds" and modified the texture.
3. I opened the "Material Editor" and created a new material with the textures of "servant_grunt" located on my desktop and replaced the original.
4. I opened the file "servant_grunt" located on my desktop with the "Model Editor".
5. I changed the material of the Grunt.
6. I sent the files to the "Entities" folder, of course, without modifying the original.
7. I put it in the "Level Editor" and saved the map.
8. I opened my map to try it, but the Grunt had its original texture.

What I am doing wrong? Thanks for your time.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM by HollowRiku13.)
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Retexturize a Grunt?

When the game finds two files with the same name it picks the first one to use. Custom story files are always secondary.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

yes you can retexture a grunt very easily... you just need to do the following: make the custom mat file... whit a new name... then copy the original grunt's dae file and change its name to the same name you used for the mat...then copy the original grunt's ent file and once again give it the same name you used before... now you just need to open up the ent file whit notpad or notpad++ and rewrite what dae file it will load (the renamed dae file) then edit what mat file it will load (your new mat file for the grunt) save it.... open model editor it should show the grunt's new texture... i hope i said it correctly Tongue hope it helps!
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM by Danny Boy.)
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Website Find
HollowRiku13 Offline

(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)Danarogon Wrote: yes you can retexture a grunt very easily... you just need to do the following: make the custom mat file... whit a new name... then copy the original grunt's dae file and change its name to the same name you used for the mat...then copy the original grunt's ent file and once again give it the same name you used before... now you just need to open up the ent file whit notpad or notpad++ and rewrite what dae file it will load (the renamed dae file) then edit what mat file it will load (your new mat file for the grunt) save it.... open model editor it should show the grunt's new texture... i hope i said it correctly Tongue hope it helps!
I'm gonna try this, I will post the results soon.
03-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(03-14-2012, 12:31 AM)HollowRiku13 Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)Danarogon Wrote: yes you can retexture a grunt very easily... you just need to do the following: make the custom mat file... whit a new name... then copy the original grunt's dae file and change its name to the same name you used for the mat...then copy the original grunt's ent file and once again give it the same name you used before... now you just need to open up the ent file whit notpad or notpad++ and rewrite what dae file it will load (the renamed dae file) then edit what mat file it will load (your new mat file for the grunt) save it.... open model editor it should show the grunt's new texture... i hope i said it correctly Tongue hope it helps!
I'm gonna try this, I will post the results soon.
if that doesn't work you could send me what texture you want to give to the grunt and i'd do that for you!

03-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Website Find
HollowRiku13 Offline

I'm sorry, I can't try to fix it because I don't have time to use my computer, I'm writing this in a notebook and not in my main computer, sorry. I will try it as soon as I can.
03-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Find