Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing "Look" or "Health" of a door
Equil Offline

Threads: 8
Changing "Look" or "Health" of a door

So the issue I'm having here is that I can't find any function that changes the texture the door is using(in this case just a default mansion door).

The scare I want to happen here is the door to become damaged after the player completes a certain puzzle, basically the same thing that happens when an enemy is breaking down the door. The current workaround I have for this is to spawn a grunt when the player finishes the puzzle, tell it to go to a pathnode beyond the door, then despawn him after a few seconds, enough time to do said damage. The issue with that is that he makes a rather loud spawning sound and overrides any music playing, and the player can also see him clearly despawn through the hole in the door he produces.

I kinda feel like there's just some function I can't find that just lets you change the damage "state" of the door or something obvious like that, I tried the SetPropHealth function but that doesn't seem to do anything visually, atleast.

Any help appreciated!
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM by Equil.)
03-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Changing "Look" or "Health" of a door

SetPropHealth shows visual damage after around 50 health is lost by the door.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Website Find
Equil Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Changing "Look" or "Health" of a door

Yeeeep, new it was something obvious -.- Thank you !
03-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Find