Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Remove this thread
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Remove this thread

Hello everyone. I'm making a custom story called Haunted Hallways. I just recently started working on it, so things are not yet sorted out. I'll post more stuff (progress bar and screenshots too) once I get more stuff done with this one. So far I have lots of Idea , but I'll use one at a time now.

Will update whenever possible.

Features list:

• Environment similar to SCP 087 B with some differences.
  • Blurry vision like in SCP 087 B.
  • A smooth beginning, but more and more tense as progress is made.
  • Background music from SCP 087 B
  • Some sounds from SCP 087 B (along with custom ones I made)
  • A floodlamp (Doesn't need anything to function)
  • Scripted sequences, where failing is no option.
  • Integrated Death System (IDS).
  • Randomized ambient sounds
  • Dogs
  • Chase scenes
  • Faster enemies

Screenshots:

[attachment=2675] - Something's approaching.
[attachment=2677] - Who's a good doggy?

Progress: [attachment=2669] -Playtesting... Expect this thread to be removed and this Custom Story to be uploaded in 30 minutes!

Moddb Site: It's possible it won't be authorised...

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 09:09 PM by Robby.)
03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Haunted Hallways

I made some more work. I can tell this custom story will be similar to SCP 087 B, but without the stairs. I'll use some different events than the ones depicted in SCP 087 B, but some of those events will be pretty familiar for those who played SCP 087 B.

Made up the progress bar, and it's shining in the first post, always updated when progress is made.

Here's the story (may change):There's a building on the campus of [REDACTED]. When groups of two or more people try to enter, the door's covered in chains, blood, and some kind of unknown material. When only a single person tries to enter, the door is open, perfectly clean. Many people described seeing a bricked hallway going somewhere. But they never made too far, because something started chasing them from deeper, pushing them out. Most of those people were diagnosed with mental disturbances. These disturbances occur when in the presence of this building. But they occur faster and faster the deeper they go, until, well, something happens. Also, people described lit torches lighting the way, eliminating the need of light sources. Well, until somewhere deeper, at which point some of the torches just are dead. It gets progressively darker. No one knew that the chase was something caused by their mind, which was caused by these disturbances. It's time for you to see for yourself what has happened in there. What will you find in there? Will you survive?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 11:39 AM by Robby.)
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Hmmm...this sounds like it could be interesting =)

Any plans for approximately how long a play-through might take?
03-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(03-16-2012, 06:00 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Hmmm...this sounds like it could be interesting =)

Any plans for approximately how long a play-through might take?

I'm not certain about that yet. It's still in deep development. My best bet is around 10-12 min. But right now, I don't know.

03-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I've managed to make more progress now. I've also started compiling a list of features that I could put into this custom story. Features list is on the first post. Progress bar updated.

So far I bumped into many issues. All fixed now. Development is a little faster.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 09:30 AM by Robby.)
03-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I've made massive amounts of progress. All in 3 hours. Still far from completion, though.

Features list should contain something new. Progress bar updated as well. Screenshots will appear in the first post.

03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Some more progress. First post contains a new screenshot.

Why is there no one commenting?

03-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Website Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

Sounds good can't wait to play it my self Smile i'm a huge fan of the SCP 087 series.
03-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(03-17-2012, 02:41 PM)trollox Wrote: Sounds good can't wait to play it my self Smile i'm a huge fan of the SCP 087 series.

I'm a fan of SCP 087 series too. It sort of resembles SCP 087 B, but it's different. Angel Trust me, You'll like what I made. But it's far from finished.

I would also recommend this custom story for PewDiePie.

Also, when this gets released, check the Mods section where released custom stories are found. It will use the same name this very thread uses. Just to let others know.

03-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I made incredible progress today. I'll need to pinpoint a release date, which is something I won't be able to do yet. Check the first post for something important about the progress bar.

03-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Website Find