Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anna - Creepy adventure game.
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game.

I agree, the controls were sloppy, the execution was really mediocre, poorly optimized and bad voice-acting. The only thing that's ok is the music. Luckily it's pretty cheap.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I got myself a review copy of it and it's pretty underwhelming so far. I've not got into it much, but it's already broken its own scripted scare event because I walked through the wrong part of a room. The first puzzle was silly (how the fuck do you move two large submerged boulders with a stick?) but the one that I'm doing right now after having entered the house is interesting enough.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Website Find
sussy Offline

Threads: 0

Yes, I was greatly dissapointed by this to. After I read a review of the game, I wanted to try it.. and they was right...The game contain just a handful of scary moments.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM by sussy.)
07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Oh hey, this used to be a happening thread but I forgot to post my final thoughts here in convenient video form:

also googolplex got suspended? not bad.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I saw a gameplay video first and was disappoint. Poor voice acting, non-spooky atmosphere(The music was too relaxing), poorly executed events and PIXEL HUNTING. I hate PIXEL HUNTING.

Seriously, if it doesn't make sense, don't use it in a game.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 07:01 PM by RawkBandMan.)
08-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-12-2012, 07:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...
I don't think (sorry, can't turn off italics) that if you have to enter the same room a million times you would hold the same fear as if you had a scary place, still filled with wonders. The atmosphere becomes too familiar because of the stupidity of the puzzles. That is another thing; the puzzles are pretty important in a PUZZLE GAME! But the puzzles happen to really suck, so you shouldn't blame yourself for misunderstanding them, since they don't make any damn sense!

(08-12-2012, 05:44 AM)Sexbad Wrote: Oh hey, this used to be a happening thread but I forgot to post my final thoughts here in convenient video form:

also googolplex got suspended? not bad.
Damn! Your voice is awesome!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM by failedALIAS.)
08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

(08-12-2012, 07:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...
The puzzles are what you'd expect from a classic adventure/point&click. This game is actually somewhat clever though. You're best off not using a guide, as its scares/events roll out based on the amount of time you spend in the game.
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Your reviews are great Sexbad, 'specially that one.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Find