Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture highjacking mouse
Jack1 Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Overture highjacking mouse

I'm playing Penumbra Overture in windowed mode when creating and testing maps and scripts. So the problem is this: whenever i start Penumbra it highjacks my mouse and i cant get it out of the game window without closing the game. Alt tab works sometimes but it makes the window go jerky. I thought of fixing this problem in the Overture source code but i couldnt find anything related to window and mouse handling. I want it to be like when i open the pause menu or any other menu in the game that shows the mouse cursor, i want to be able to move the cursor out of the game window. If someone from the developer team would assist me or someone that knows little better than i do i would appreciate it very much. Big Grin
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Overture highjacking mouse

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html --> Problem I
03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you insist on working with Penumbra Overture you best option is to turn off all pre-menu and menu stuff, to make the game launch as fast as possible. Then you close and open the game each time you made any changes. Yes... I often think about how weird it is that we managed to create a game at all.
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Website Find
Jack1 Offline

Threads: 12

Ah ok. But isnt there any way to modify the mouse hook or something like that in the source codes?
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Find