Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
- The Abductions II - [RELEASED]
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22
- The Abductions II - [RELEASED]

[Image: 16j1slf.png]

This map is created by Ardoetia.
The story is based on a person who has lost his memory because Jacklyn (villain), abducted him and damaged his memory. In the previous custom story you learned that he abducted hes wife aswell. And this is whats fueling the main person in this custom story, the 3 brothers of "The Abductions" helped him remember that his wife was abducted. And you will learn alot more around why Jacklyn had such an interest in the main person.
There is alot of story behind Jacklyn, how his employees felt and how he started becomming the person he is in the end.

You will find out more story about your blood-line and who you are.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2cr7jfr.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: xp4fly.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2narx9f.jpg]

This custom story is a story based custom story. It has more atmosphere and what the player are feeling is the main goal. I have used alot of time with the story-line and more unusual puzzles.
It has a failsafe against progressing without the items you need to continue. There is currently only one easter egg in the game, but I will patch in a few new ones if there is supposed to be some fixes.

The custom story has a more detailed environment than the previous one, and a few unusual scares

DOWNLOAD this custom story on Moddb:http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-abductions-ii
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 08:35 AM by Leeeyam.)
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Find
Ardoetia Offline

Threads: 4
RE: - The Abductions II - [RELEASED]

It is now available to download. I hope you guys enjoy.
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Find
Cloaked Offline

Threads: 3

The CS looks pretty awesome!
I'll record it when I'll play it later tonight and post a LP Big Grin
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay played and finished it and have to say a really nice story with some good puzzles and little scares. Smile

My feedback:

Spoiler below!
Starting was a really nice surprise, but nothing so special. I liked couple nice things here go back to upstairs near to tavern and have to carry that "platform to cross that bridge" nice idea here man.

Okay reached "Main hub area" really nicely maded and this was pretty long story and I enjoyed it not boring one.

What comes to mapping:

Cellar areas: Good, nice mapping.

Library and other mansionbase areas: Not bad, maybe little more "unique areas here and using more creativity.

Now the little flaws and improves for the 3rd chapter:

A little more atmosphere and scareness to make player really feeling that something is coming soon... really soon, but create that really slow to scare living hell out of a player. (little hard to explain what i'm trying to say) but whatever xD

Then.. maybe that lightning that needs more and I noticed you have missing ceilings couple of the areas and walls too I can see one of the cellar areas through the next hallway... etc.

Other than that, thanks for this custom story it's not the best or awesome.. But really deserves 7/10.

It's really nice one compare to another stories out there. You really spend time this one because it has umm.. 13 nice maps. Good job man! Really looking 3rd chapter Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Find
Ardoetia Offline

Yeah I noticed there was some wierd bugs with the static objects in a few maps, I tried to fix it, but it didnt seem to care. (That you can watch through the wall, see light for instance), it annoyed me, but I gave up.

But thanks. I used quite alot of time on it, and the third one will most likely be even more scary.
03-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Find
Cloaked Offline

Threads: 3

I tried recording this morning, but I could finish the map since it was too awesomely long and I couldn't handle the awesomeness, till the part I played it, it was pretty freaking awesome and the voice acting is good! but the voice is kind of low.
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Find
Ardoetia Offline

Yeah a few of the voice files was alittle quiet, it was kinda sad, tried to boost the volume on some of them, but it didn't help much.
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

EXCELLENT puzzles. not too hard, but good training for brain

mini-bugs Tongue
Spoiler below!

bug in library- when i completed there all quest, my lamp is broken is that right?
after i completed puzzle with electical door+rods = seems after returning to the garne, i can again enter to Servants quarter.(but i know , i need go to library next, but i think now you must lock servants room )
you should

i rate it on moddb - 8/10 Wink just love it!

=========
yeahhh, yes, do not confuse with another great project - abduction (from Anxt) Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 08:25 PM by Dark Knight.)
03-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Ardoetia Offline

Spoiler below!
Didn't the lamp return to use when you leave the room where the lights flicker? It is supposed to work as you leave the room. I am not sure which door you mean.
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

ok im sorry but this is beyond ridiculous. HOW CAN A FUCKING LAMP, LIT WITH FIRE, FLICKER...

who makes walls of boxes in their homes as an obstacle... PLEASE tell me WHO would do that...

who the fuck has 18 million bookshelves COMPLETELY EMPTY, standing in a RIDICULOUSLY large room in their home with signs saying ''be carefull woo watch out'' and organized as a maze...

please tell me WHY someone wouldn't leave the house at the very instance you hear noises in a creepy place... ''i dont want to leave'' BULLSHIT.

how can levers on a wall, unlock a wooden clauset, completely disconnected from anything mechanical...

i could go on..

this map, im sorry, had no fucking sense what so ever. there was NO preservation of realism, there were FLYING teleporting naked people, which compleeeeeeeeeeeeetely made sense with the story... and the fact that there are nearly a thousand closets around, completely empty with no detail attended to them is disgracefull. PRESERVATION... OF... REALISM... how the FUCK can a light, made of fire, flicker on and off in a steady pattern.. how, please, tell me, how. unless some MAGICAL fairy somehow FLUTTERED by and decided to light it on and off with no sense directed towards it, i wouldnt find it very likely. when you fall into the waterpart, the mapping... i mean, you can SEE outside the map... what the hell dude...

im pretty critical right now but you have to understand my frustration toward ignorant people who wont read advice which CLEARLY AND OPENLY stands avalible for someone to read and take notice of in the development articles.

i made a post, for you ALL to read, in hopes that you would concider taking advices; well fuck, im sorry, youve made me lose all hope for anyone making new stories on this forum...

on another note. a slightly modified size of a wine bottle does not justify the fact that there are 200 other ones, normal sized, placed symmetrically on a table...

positive about the map:

the scripting and the fact that you laid water areas out and such was very good though.. some people think the water acts as it does without areas. i see maps who dont have scripting foolproofs, so the fact that you had these was great. one thing i would fix would be the particle systems though, f.ex in the lab you can clearly see the starts of the streams ontop of eachother.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM by Mine Turtle.)
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Find