Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Symbol Meaning?
LunaticAlice Offline

Threads: 1
Symbol Meaning?

Hey everyone,

I have a short question: Does that green symbol which Daniel draws at that man have a special meaning?
You know, the one from the "Paint the Man, Cut the Lines!"-scene (my favourite one). Well, it looks like some kind of mirror-inverted S.
I was just wondering because there are so many hidden meanings in Amnesia! Smile
Maybe that one too? - Something from nordic mythology, possibly? ...Or doesn't it have any meaning?

Who knows? Wink
03-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Find
Neophyte Offline

RE: Symbol Meaning?

I Dunno if you've seen the Sanctum in Amnesia! It's full of...mmmmhh Stars of David!(Hebraism) But i think the most of the symbols in amnesia have been edited...But of course i think they've a sense..a meaning!
03-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Find
SNightmare Offline

Threads: 0

It's been a long time since I played the game... Do you have a screenshot? I wouldn't expect it to be anything amazing, to be honest.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 05:13 AM by SNightmare.)
03-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Find
Neophyte Offline

It's been a long time since I played the game... Do you have a screenshot? I wouldn't expect it to be anything amazing, to be honest.

http://postimage.org/image/uoagglwmf/full/

You can see a 8-pointed Star! It can mean ..Satana..The freemesonry..but also has other meaning! this is just one of 130310 Wink!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 03:34 AM by Neophyte.)
03-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
Desperate4God Offline

I don't quite remember what the symbol was, and now I really want to know. It had something to with repelling The Shadow, correct?

Kyrie Eleison.
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Find
Neophyte Offline

(03-25-2012, 02:13 PM)Desperate4God Wrote: I don't quite remember what the symbol was, and now I really want to know. It had something to with repelling The Shadow, correct?
Dunno..I think the shadow is the monster.... do you remember a part of the symbol in question? maybe you are looking for the egyptian hieroglyphs on the culums of the Sanctum! in the last part of the game!? dunno if you remember those written.
03-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
Desperate4God Offline

Dunno..I think the shadow is the monster.... do you remember a part of the symbol in question? maybe you are looking for the egyptian hieroglyphs on the culums of the Sanctum! in the last part of the game!? dunno if you remember those written.

Yes, The Shadow is the entity chasing Daniel. I do remember hearing at one point Baron Alexander saying something about Daniel killing the prisoners to buy them more time for Alexander's research.

Kyrie Eleison.
03-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Find
Neophyte Offline

(03-26-2012, 03:22 AM)Desperate4God Wrote: Dunno..I think the shadow is the monster.... do you remember a part of the symbol in question? maybe you are looking for the egyptian hieroglyphs on the culums of the Sanctum! in the last part of the game!? dunno if you remember those written.

Yes, The Shadow is the entity chasing Daniel. I do remember hearing at one point Baron Alexander saying something about Daniel killing the prisoners to buy them more time for Alexander's research.
Aaaaaaahhhhhh ahahah maybe you are talking about this place..u.U..PAINT THE MAN,CUT THE LINES,CUT THE FLESH,WATCH THE BLOOD SPILL oO ahah!...anyway this place is full of Symbols!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvDROSxrDE

03-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(03-23-2012, 01:05 AM)LunaticAlice Wrote: I was just wondering because there are so many hidden meanings in Amnesia! Smile
Maybe that one too? - Something from nordic mythology, possibly? ...Or doesn't it have any meaning?

Who knows? Wink
Hidden meanings? What hidden meanings?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Find