Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Question Regarding Monsters
TheDevoidLife Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Strange Question Regarding Monsters

I have a scene structured where several small boxes stacked go flying down a hall, revealing a grunt behind them, which then chases the player. However, upon having the boxes go flying, the monster does not move. I've checked debug messages and I get several regarding monster health. So I looked into it a bit and found out that the monsters can indeed die(i.e. just stand there, practically unable to do anything) if they receive enough damage within a short time. Basically my question is this:

Is there some way to prevent the monsters from taking damage, or fluently position the monster at just the right time?

Additional Notes:
  • The monster chases the player beforehand, but he moves just enough boxes to get through, while still barring the monster's way, so he's already standing behind them by the time it happens.
  • The player is forced to look at the boxes, which go in the opposite way of the player.
  • The player is supposed to be caught by the monster and die
  • It seems to be a bit random, dependent on where the monster is standing, but most of the time he ends up 'dying'
Thanks in advance for any help, I know the question is a bit unusual.

Sure nice guys finish last, but doesn't that just mean they live longer?
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 04:03 AM by TheDevoidLife.)
03-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Strange Question Regarding Monsters

Edit the boxes and remove collision for player from their bodies. See if that allows the boxes to go through the monster.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Or you can make the boxes to explode too.

03-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
TheDevoidLife Offline

Threads: 1

(03-24-2012, 03:10 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Edit the boxes and remove collision for player from their bodies. See if that allows the boxes to go through the monster
The boxes do indeed go through the monster, but this brings up the issue of the monster going through the boxes and following the player Big Grin

It did give me an idea, though, I disabled the collide on the walls next to the boxes, and changed the direction of the force. It still gives the same affect I was looking for and solves the other issue.

Thank you for helping.

Sure nice guys finish last, but doesn't that just mean they live longer?
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Find