Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)
Prophetical Ideals Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Brillant Marketing Idea (I.E. Android/Apple)

(03-25-2012, 04:47 PM)Clord Wrote: Onlive already makes this possible. http://www.onlive.com/

They don't have Amnesia though..
03-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(03-25-2012, 05:29 PM)Prophetical Ideals Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 04:47 PM)Clord Wrote: Onlive already makes this possible. http://www.onlive.com/

They don't have Amnesia though..
Onlive does have Amnesia. You just can't use it on a Droid or Apple device.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM by RawkBandMan.)
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

I don't really think horror games (maybe especially psychological ones like Amnesia) are that well suited for mobile use. At least not on Android/iOS, it could possibly work on something like the PS Vita or iPad 3. You see, not only will the graphics and controls on a cellphone be much worse (as has already been mentioned), but there's also the fact that mobile games are most often played while you're mobile (crazy, I know), e.g. on the bus, or while waiting for your doctors appointment, and so on and so forth. You are often likely to be interrupted, and you're seldom alone. You're not always carrying a headset with you, so sound is probably on a minimum (if you didn't know, sound is one of the most important things in both horror games and movies). You will most likely not have much time to spend on it, and it's unlikely it will be dark around you. There's also the simple fact that the screen's smaller. With so extremely many important immersing factors being difficult to emulate on a cell phone, I can't really see it being good. However, like I said, it may be possible if they utilize portable consoles like the PS Vita and the upcoming iPad 3, as the factors necessary for a good horror experience are easier to emulate on these. Considering FG has pretty much all but denied the possibility of a port though, I can't really see it happening. Just my 2 cents.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
03-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
GoranGaming Offline

Threads: 30

They should make amnesia for consoles...

Current projects:

The Dark Prison 85 % (Stopped working on this one)

Unnamed Project 7 %
03-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Website Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

(03-25-2012, 09:31 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: They should make amnesia for consoles...
With Onlive you can do that, if you buy their micro-console and have a wireless connection.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM by Clord.)
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Consoles are not for playing in first line, they are only for people who haven't enough money to buy a computer. The only true gaming platform is the computer and games never should go into wrong direction to be produced for consoles. Maybe they can port it to a console, but they better should spend the time for the PC version to make it bigger. The PC has the best hardware, that the devs could make the best technical engines to enable most realistic physics and graphics. The PC also has the best methods to create mods by users.
I never could be immersed in a console game. It looks like crappy gameplay. No anti-aliasing, bad controls, and i like it to install a game to hard drive.
The PC should remain the lead platform, consoles are only second class.
It's good that Tnechineseroom has no desire to make a console version.
Games can be played as best on a computer.
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

(03-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Consoles are not for playing in first line, they are only for people who haven't enough money to buy a computer. The only true gaming platform is the computer and games never should go into wrong direction to be produced for consoles. Maybe they can port it to a console, but they better should spend the time for the PC version to make it bigger. The PC has the best hardware, that the devs could make the best technical engines to enable most realistic physics and graphics. The PC also has the best methods to create mods by users.
I never could be immersed in a console game. It looks like crappy gameplay. No anti-aliasing, bad controls, and i like it to install a game to hard drive.
Stating opinions as facts

That is what you're doing again. again. AGAIN!

Consoles are different from a PC in many ways, and they both have their pros and cons. Personally, it depends on the game. Some games are better to play on console, some are better to play on PC, I think. Some games are console exclusive, and they can be really good (personally, I'm looking very much forward to The Last Of Us). Lots of games are PC exclusive and they can be really good too. You know what, I'm not even gonna bother responding to your arguments, seeing as they all have pretty much no grounding in reality.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
03-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Prophetical Ideals Offline

I grew up with both PC and console games so I'm pretty much unbiased between the two. Tongue
and I see the point of not porting Amnesia to Android or iOS but what about the custom stories? A lot of them (that I've seen) are randomish and not much for horror, so you could just go on tour phone or tablet and play one.

Furthermore, this idea came to me after wanting to play Amnesia and realizing my computer was crap and I can't play it. I heard someone say that that Online thing has Amnesia for the console? How do I get it for my Xbox?
03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(03-26-2012, 07:07 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Consoles are not for playing in first line, they are only for people who haven't enough money to buy a computer. The only true gaming platform is the computer and games never should go into wrong direction to be produced for consoles. Maybe they can port it to a console, but they better should spend the time for the PC version to make it bigger. The PC has the best hardware, that the devs could make the best technical engines to enable most realistic physics and graphics. The PC also has the best methods to create mods by users.
The only thing you are right about is the worse visuals, considering how consoles aren't as strong as PCs..but oh wait, ancient computers can run amnesia just fine and it doesn't require much to play it maxed out, so a current gen console could handle amnesia just fine.

Consoles are for people who don't have money to buy a PC ? Uhh, while consoles are cheaper a lot of the time it comes down to matter of preference. Some people would rather sit down, pop a disc into the console and play without having to worry about installing etc and some people prefer controller over mouse & keyboard.

Besides, you can install console games on a hard drive Undecided

03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(03-25-2012, 08:52 PM)Gasjockey Wrote: I don't really think horror games (maybe especially psychological ones like Amnesia) are that well suited for mobile use.
I don't know if this is very much on topic, but Senscape is making a horror game named Asylum, and it's being ported to iOS... Then again, Asylum is a Point and Click game, so that sort of game might work better.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Find