Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should we do this in two parts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
No
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Work in progress Mortal Sunrise Update: 30/03/2012
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Mortal Sunrise Update: 30/03/2012

Me before seeing the screen shots: oh this looks interesting...

Me after seeing screen shots: PHOTOSHOP FILTER ATTACK!!!

ok sorry about that... heres an actual comment: again whit the "hell" custom stories? i mean it haves already been used over and over again and again.... and they usualy aren't that great :/ if i where you i would stick whit a more ORIGINAL story for your cs... thank you!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 12:00 AM by Danny Boy.)
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Website Find
SplitHeadProduction Offline

Threads: 8

(04-03-2012, 11:45 PM)Danarogon Wrote: Me before seeing the screen shots: oh this looks interesting...

Me after seeing screen shots: PHOTOSHOP FILTER ATTACK!!!

ok sorry about that... heres an actual comment: again whit the "hell" custom stories? i mean it haves already been used over and over again and again.... and they usualy aren't that great :/ if i where you i would stick whit a more ORIGINAL story for your cs... thank you!
The filters was because of a boredom "attack." Also, you can't judge a game because it has the same base storyline as others do. People don't say "Call of Duty is the same as Battlefield." Same base concept? Yes. Different game? Also yes. You can't be sure that the game is not original. Would you rather have us stick with "you wake up next to an amnesia potion..." When this game comes out, only then may you judge this game on those thoughts. Thank you, kind sir!

-Just Joshing, Josh Demon

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 06:03 AM by SplitHeadProduction.)
04-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I just find it entertaining to call it a game instead of a mod, just sayin'.

Oh and I think he's completely right, the hell setting is quite overused.
Fear comes from the unknown, and we're pretty familiar with what hell is like by now.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM by Traggey.)
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(04-04-2012, 09:06 AM)Traggey Wrote: I just find it entertaining to call it a game instead of a mod, just sayin'.

My thoughts exactly....

But any how!!! dude i don't prefer for you to make a random amnesia potion next to a Daniel ripp off! its actualy equaly bad! what i'm saying is for you guys to think of a GOOD story! if you want to make a good horror custom story! i mean... unless you want to make it pure randomnes! but if you want to make a actual horror mod... BE ORIGINAL! think of an interesting story! and not juts another "hey i killed a bunch of people... then i died and went to hell! now i have to climb my way out of here just to die/be capturated in the fucking end!"... stories like thise are very unoriginal and people after a few weeks will forget it even existed! (unless you manage to make it real good!).

dude! i am not telling you NOT to make this! maybe this is your first Cs and you just want to learn how to use the engine, hell i don't fucking know!... what i am saying is for you to think a bit more of the story if you want to make a true scary expirience!

thank you!

ps: If I where you i wouldn't filter the fuck out of the screen shots of your mod... it doesn't let us see the quality of your maps and it just looks fucking horrible.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 11:57 PM by Danny Boy.)
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Website Find

(04-04-2012, 11:52 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 09:06 AM)Traggey Wrote: I just find it entertaining to call it a game instead of a mod, just sayin'.

My thoughts exactly....

But any how!!! dude i don't prefer for you to make a random amnesia potion next to a Daniel ripp off! its actualy equaly bad! what i'm saying is for you guys to think of a GOOD story! if you want to make a good horror custom story! i mean... unless you want to make it pure randomnes! but if you want to make a actual horror mod... BE ORIGINAL! think of an interesting story! and not juts another "hey i killed a bunch of people... then i died and went to hell! now i have to climb my way out of here just to die/be capturated in the fucking end!"... stories like thise are very unoriginal and people after a few weeks will forget it even existed! (unless you manage to make it real good!).

dude! i am not telling you NOT to make this! maybe this is your first Cs and you just want to learn how to use the engine, hell i don't fucking know!... what i am saying is for you to think a bit more of the story if you want to make a true scary expirience!

thank you!

ps: If I where you i wouldn't filter the fuck out of the screen shots of your mod... it doesn't let us see the quality of your maps and it just looks fucking horrible.
"hey i killed a bunch of people... then i died and went to hell! now i have to climb my way out of here just to die/be capturated in the fucking end!"

I can assure you, it ain't gonna be like that. I know how many of those are out there, and like I said, you can't judge a mod (thank you for pointing out that mistake, actually). Yes, it is our first mod together, I don't know a whole lot about the other's experience. It is a test, but at the same time, we are actually trying. You can't say whether a book is going to be good or bad just by looking at the cover. Same with any mod, game, music album, etc. Thank you for the feedback, although it wasn't really delivered very properly... and some without any solid evidence.

Edit: In fact, you won't even see hell. Maybe a glimpse or some other, but you won't go there.

- Josh Demon

[Image: 21kl.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012, 12:56 AM by SplitHeadProduction.)
04-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Find
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21

(04-05-2012, 12:51 AM)SplitHeadProduction Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 11:52 PM)Danarogon Wrote:

My thoughts exactly....

thank you!

"hey i killed a bunch of people... then i died and went to hell! now i have to climb my way out of here just to die/be capturated in the fucking end!"

I can assure you, it ain't gonna be like that. I know how many of those are out there, and like I said, you can't judge a mod (thank you for pointing out that mistake, actually). Yes, it is our first mod together, I don't know a whole lot about the other's experience. It is a test, but at the same time, we are actually trying. You can't say whether a book is going to be good or bad just by looking at the cover. Same with any mod, game, music album, etc. Thank you for the feedback, although it wasn't really delivered very properly... and some without any solid evidence.

- Josh Demon
Amen
04-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(04-05-2012, 12:51 AM)SplitHeadProduction Wrote: - Josh Demon
I love the formality of everything you say. At least now I know when you will be the REAL SplitHeadProductions or a phoney. har har!

I myself would like to see some screenshots of the mod without filters as well. It's good in SOME cases, but in this one, what basically appears to be "advertising" your mod, you should leave out the filters.

- Statyk =]
04-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Find

(04-05-2012, 01:22 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 12:51 AM)SplitHeadProduction Wrote: - Josh Demon
I love the formality of everything you say. At least now I know when you will be the REAL SplitHeadProductions or a phoney. har har!

I myself would like to see some screenshots of the mod without filters as well. It's good in SOME cases, but in this one, what basically appears to be "advertising" your mod, you should leave out the filters.

- Statyk =]
Thank you very much, I am simply very logical and prefer to stick in the boundaries of a sensible conversation.

As per the screenshot argument, I do agree that we should stick with pure amnesia. If it was a banner, then maybe, but in this situation... Stick with the original, eh?

- Josh Demon

04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(04-05-2012, 01:49 AM)SplitHeadProduction Wrote: Thank you very much, I am simply very logical and prefer to stick in the boundaries of a sensible conversation.

As per the screenshot argument, I do agree that we should stick with pure amnesia. If it was a banner, then maybe, but in this situation... Stick with the original, eh?

- Josh Demon
In my personal opinion, I would say so. And I agree, it is both encouraging and refreshing to see there are still human beings out there who will continue to let their brain run while on the internet rather than ramble nonsense. I tip my hat to you, sir.

04-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Find

(04-05-2012, 01:53 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 01:49 AM)SplitHeadProduction Wrote: Thank you very much, I am simply very logical and prefer to stick in the boundaries of a sensible conversation.

- Josh Demon
In my personal opinion, I would say so. And I agree, it is both encouraging and refreshing to see there are still human beings out there who will continue to let their brain run while on the internet rather than ramble nonsense. I tip my hat to you, sir.
The internet ramble does not affect me? Maybe it's because I am Canadian and my Eskimos make me meditate every day, eh? Cheers to you too, Monsieur!

- Josh Demon

04-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Find