Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Just a tip for all you custom story makers
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Just a tip for all you custom story makers

Everyone has the right to their own opinion but I can agree here, although I'll feel like a hypocrite for including one teleporting naked guy in my first story. With at least the first part of my story establishing somewhat of a story, I will defiantly try for a better atmosphere rather then those other "unoriginal" scares. To me though, what I feel most people miss, is that the community has been growing quickly lately, and that everyone's first few stories it is easy to use these teleporting naked guys for learning scripts and level editing. Please do not think that I am singling all the new map makers out, as not all of them do this, just a good majority. Hopefully as they progress through learning tricks, and how to make a script run clean and smooth, they will slowly drift away from all these "old" tricks and begin to learn how to make their own neat and unique puzzles/scares. Then again, they will probably always stay around, as some people love those types of maps. Who knows where all of this will end up, but from what I have seen, and being newish to all this map making, I honestly think all it is is the rapidly growing community making easy-to-make maps.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
03-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

I'm new to the map-making business and I'm trying as hard as I can to give an in-depth story, spooky atmosphere and well-thought out scares.

I'm just late to the game because I've only recently been able to get a new computer that can play Amnesia, so I've finally been able to enjoy it and get ideas for custom stories.

03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Mmmm, don't like jumpscares but then I've only played 1 or 2 hrs of TDD cause its so mind numbingly terrifying - I just can't handle it. They certainly don't make a good story, and indeed can make a story worse, but ultimately, just make whatever you want. No one should be giving instructions not to use jumpscares (not that I think you are, OP!) or even to use them under certain circumstances - if people like them, and indeed people do like jumpscare maps, let em go for it.

Theres plenty of room here for funny maps, Tele-naked-guy maps, pure jumpscare maps as well as immersive, even non-scary maps. Its all good man! Just be clear about what your making so only the intended audiance plays it, and make it the best you can for whatever style you choose.
03-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Find
havis1337 Offline

Threads: 6

So obviously you've all seen pewdiepie play amnesia since you're talking about teleporting naked guys lmao
Feels like people add jumpscares because they can't actually make a story
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM by havis1337.)
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(03-29-2012, 02:57 PM)havis1337 Wrote: So obviously you've all seen pewdiepie play amnesia since you're talking about teleporting naked guys lmao
Feels like people add jumpscares because they can't actually make a story
Yes, yes I have. And I used to really enjoy his videos, however Teleporting naked guys has become somewhat of an official term on the forums due to the massive amount of people asking how one creates these.
03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Find