Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Please provide an alternate way of selling Penumbra
fnf Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please provide an alternate way of selling Penumbra

Hello.

I know it is a bit late, but I've been trying to buy Penumbra EP1 (Linux version) on and off for a few months now: eSellerate for some reason refused to accept my Visa card (despite the fact that I've used it in numerous sites such as Amazon and eBay). So I opted for creating a PayPal account (which is an inconvenience in and off itself, not to mention we are charged per transaction), but that was *impossible*.

I got stuck at the final state of registration, where the site kept complaining about an 'improperly formatted phone number' (the exact error message was: "The phone number is not properly formatted"). I wasn't the only one but countless people had experienced that, and PayPal hasn't even updated the page to point out how exactly one should input the phone number.
By luck, it accepted one of my fake phone numbers but showed nothing in the next page (which was supposed to show me a congratulation message or something). It was so bad to the point of the existence of PayPalSucks

I don't want to turn this into a PayPal-bashing thread, my question is: Can I buy Penumbra from another online sellers like Amazon?, or transfer the cash to an intermediary account?. Please make sure the service work when Penumbra EP2 come out.

Thanks.
11-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please provide an alternate way of selling Penumbra

http://www.amazon.com/Got-Game-00053-Pen...017&sr=8-1

Not too sure if that helps you out too much.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
11-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Find
fnf Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please provide an alternate way of selling Penumbra

WindexGlow Wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Got-Game-00053-Pen...017&sr=8-1

Not too sure if that helps you out too much.

Thanks, but I'd prefer the Linux version.
11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Find
fnf Offline

Will anyone be nice enough to create a PayPal account for me?. I'll appreciate it.
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Find
martinko Offline

Needed indeed. eSellerate didn't verify two cards of my friends trying to help me buy the game. I cannot buy at Amazon, as they do not sell the only version I'm willing to pay for (I mean Linux).
05-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Find