Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need scripting help
GoDiiXz Offline

Threads: 2
Exclamation  Need scripting help

hi there, i am making my first story and need a scripter to help me out a bit!
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Need scripting help

Start reading tutorials and script from scratch.
If you have any problems ask on the forums.
03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
GoDiiXz Offline

Threads: 2

well thanks for tour help...........-.-
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(03-27-2012, 06:42 PM)GoDiiXz Wrote: hi there, i am making my first story and need a scripter to help me out a bit!
Its best if you run through some tutorials to start out with, so you understand the principles of how it works, then you'll be able to make sense of the page containing all the various scripting functions. Even if you don't plan on doing the scripting yourself, you need to be able to know what the engine is capable of doing in order to effectively plan ideas for your story.

I recommend these tutorials http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...ng/article
They helped me get a sense of how this language works

Then, heres the page with the engine functions http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions
Have a good long look at all these, and what implications they have for what you can achieve

There are a good deal more tutorials on the wiki page, and questions you have may well have been answered previously in the Development > Support forums (which is where this thread should have gone!), so do a search before asking

Finally, you can get a scripter on board and be able to tell them what you want, knowing whats possible to do. And if no one wants to help, well, you've learned the basics - its a simple system once you get used to it
03-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Find