Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Amnesia Monster Scares You the Most
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Brute
29.79%
14 29.79%
The Grunt
14.89%
7 14.89%
The Kaernk
23.40%
11 23.40%
The Suitor
31.91%
15 31.91%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which monster scared you the most and why?
Electra Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Which monster scared you the most and why?

(03-31-2012, 11:15 PM)Paddy Wrote: The Brute, almost entirely for the audio associated with it. Mainly these:

\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\sounds\enemy\brute\enabled01.ogg
\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\sounds\enemy\brute\amb_idle_whimp01.ogg
\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\sounds\enemy\brute\notice_long02.ogg

The last one, triggered when the enemy notices you (as you may have guessed from the filename!), is fantastic because it sounds like the Brute itself is scared by your encounter, as if you're a confusing threat he just wants to get rid of, which makes him even more frightening. Kinda like Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in that respect.

Incidentally, this audio clip pretty much ruined my life:

\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\sounds\03\03_amb.ogg

The audio engineers who worked on this game are geniuses.

I too agree. Just listening to the Brute even when he's not chasing me gives me the goosebumps. After looking at Grunt a little more (since he appeared the most) I kinda got over the face. Plus Brute's knife hand freaks me out!

Custom Story Work in Progress: Castle Helmuth
"Who said the glory days had to end?"
04-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Website Find