Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Amnesia Monster Scares You the Most
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Brute
29.79%
14 29.79%
The Grunt
14.89%
7 14.89%
The Kaernk
23.40%
11 23.40%
The Suitor
31.91%
15 31.91%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which monster scared you the most and why?
MasterTheMind Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Which monster scared you the most and why?

I'd say the water monster, even tho I can't see it, it makes me not wanna go into dark waters and for some reason the suitor is not scary at all to me XD
04-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(03-30-2012, 11:02 PM)Desperate4God Wrote: I found The Suitor to be the scariest. I still hear its breathing every now and then... >.> Plus it kills you in one hit like The Brute.
It only one shots you in Justine, otherwise it's more like the grunt in terms of damage

04-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Hard to say really. I would say the grunt as it looks the weirdest.
But I found the The Suitor more scary. That wheezy breathing and cranky walk *shivers*

Think A Little, Change A Lot
04-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

The grunt definitely, i don't like the brute nor the suitors too, but the creepy sounds and look of the grunt just makes me pause the game several times while playing :p!

[Image: 15isy6C]
04-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Find
sMasl33t Offline

Threads: 4

The Suitor!! ;_;
He's so BLOODY freaky with his noices and his looks. How he for example says "come back D;", and "aahh *breath*". I know, I didn't explain too well, did I..? As well as the ambience while he's either searching, or chasing me. The "chasing" soundtrack (att_suitor) I find incredibly terrefying. I don't know how many times I've paused the game because of it.

[Image: 76561198049001305.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM by sMasl33t.)
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Gona have to go with the Suitor aswell.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

The suitor wasn't just scary because he meant instant death without reload, or because he never went away so you actually had to deal with him. He was also scary because he explained what exactly he wanted to do with me, and why. He was a human being, twisted into a real world "monster", not just a fantasy monster.

The water monster will probably come second, but when I personally encountered it, I had already seen LPs of it, and wasn't as freaked out by it as I would have been. I find it weird how you seem to be able to jump right through where he stands, but I guess that will just bring up how water can be a connection to another world.

I didn't like that you could just hide until the monster went away in Amnesia. It wasn't until I looked at the concept art, that I found out what the Brute looked like, apart from it having a human silhouette. The Brute was a disappointment to me. Sure, the split head is fine, but he's sounding (both in name and by roar) like a big bull twice the size of the Grunt, only to turn out to be smaller than him.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

It's really interesting to read everyone's replies here, they reveal how differently people relate/respond to different things. Maybe this will be good data for thechineseroom!

I found the Suitors to be the least frightening. The only time a Suitor made me feel the same kind of fear I felt from a Brute or Grunt was [SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!] when I was crawling through the ceiling after saving the first prisoner and thought a Suitor was coming behind me [END OF SPOILER!]. I found them to be more of an annoyance than a threat, at least compared to the enemies in The Dark Descent. Obviously when the various enemies are chasing you they're all as frightening as each other haha.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM by Paddy™.)
04-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

The Suitor. It sucked because I knew one was blind, and had no idea which one it was at the time. I screamed like a little girl in the potato room..
Spoiler below!
when you run into the chair and he starts chasing you. Scary as poop. ._.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
reehone Offline

Threads: 1

I would have to say the brute scared me the most. Probably because it was thrown at me so suddenly, I got sort of used to the grunt by then, and thought it was the only enemy. When I saw the brute in the prison, I freaked out. :O
Also, \sounds\enemy\brute\enabled01.ogg will be engraved in my brain forever. I jump a little everytime I hear it in-game.
04-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Find