Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes don't show up in game
JawJoe Offline

Threads: 2
Notes don't show up in game

Hello,

I'm making a Custom Story and I'm trying to add a note/journal entry. I followed the tutorials I could find and everything seems fine - except the note doesn't show up in the game. Clicking the piece of paper brings up a blank page, and then opening it in your journal also gets you a blank page (no "nothing available" message, just blank, as if it was there but with nothing to show.)

I knew there was something fishy here and finally found what could be the source of the problem. I had beforehand edited the game's "main_settings.cfg" (according to the wiki's instructions on setting up a dev environment). I found that if I set "ShowMenu="false" ", then the notes don't show - if it is set to "true", they appear in the game.

I'm guessing that most players don't have the file edited and as such it probably wouldn't be a problem, but is there a way around this? I don't want to wait for the menu to load and then manually choose my CS when testing notes. What do?
04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Notes don't show up in game

You know, it takes like 5 secs to open it. And you only have to do it once. Once you are in the game, you can always press EXIT in your custom story, and then reopen it. Then the changes should happen. I works for me.

Sorry i don't know how to fix the real problem

Trying is the first step to success.
04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Notes don't show up in game

I had a problem like that.
In the note go to entity and like the second check box down it's like mass = 0 thingy

04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Find