Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How about having the series into a book?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
How about having the series into a book?

I know it's a long shot, and probably will never happen, but having Penumbra has books would be cool. I'm not talking about the 'Doom" sort of books, but true professional adult like books.
That'd be cool. If my dream was real last night, I'd be happy. I had a dream that I came across both "Penumbra: Overture" & "Penumbra: Black Plague" in book form.

I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: How about having the series into a book?

I agree that the story is great. But to make books from it, a lot is still missing.

Penumbra Overture offers about eight hours of gameplay.
As a book that would probably amount to maybe fifty pages, if read in one go, but most of the gameplay time consists of sneaking and similar.
And one thing that would make it particularly difficult for a book author is the lack of characters. We just have Philip and Red, and they never really talk to each other. Not exactly the best condictions for a book.
A movie might work though, I guess.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
12-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

I see your point. maybe if it was one book with both overture and black plague it may. but books have more detail. it may go more into Philips lifestyle, his parents, relationship with his parents, how both died.
i had to have a dream of it, lol. and I saw/found the books too, (in my dream that is), not like I couldn't find them.
12-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Write a book of the games by yourself and post it into this Thread! Tongue

12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Hmm, I've heard talk about a prequel.. and now talk about a book. What about a prequel book? A diary written by Philip's father, explaining the events of the games?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Kedjane Wrote:Hmm, I've heard talk about a prequel.. and now talk about a book. What about a prequel book? A diary written by Philip's father, explaining the events of the games?

we have a winner!!!!
01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

A book would take alot of effort and time, along with costs. The book would sell horribly, and it wouldn't be well written (unless alot of effort and work was put into it)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

it depends on the writer. I keep thinking of "The Shining". this is in terms of a movie though, how one director (Stanley Kubrick) can make it a true classic and another (Stephen King) to make it pure garbage.
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

WindexGlow Wrote:A book would take alot of effort and time, along with costs. The book would sell horribly, and it wouldn't be well written (unless alot of effort and work was put into it)
Woah, don't say!
The Halo book (Based of the video game) is #1 on the book sale in USA, I think. If they can, we can!
Read it in my latest SUPER PLAY, wich came out January.. wait, oh! It's still January, horray!

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Find