Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange video error
Rad Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Strange video error

Whenever I see a hole, or some different sorts of ground I get this strange brown/grey texture. It makes it almost impossible to go into some levels now. (I had been ignoring it earlier but now I can't progress in the game.)

I have...
AMDx2 Athalon 4200
Radeon HD 2600 XT
2 Gigs of Ram

And I've already installed the newest ATI Drivers, after reading that most of the problems for other players were caused by that anyway. Any help is appreciated, I'll install frapps soon in case anyone wants a better look than the attached picture.
12-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange video error

Hm... not sure what this can be I am afraid. We have had some serious problems with the HD cards though, and not even sure if anyone has been able to run the game without glitches with those cards. Have u had any other kinds of glitches?

I am not sure what to do, since the problem seems to be specifc to these cards. We have contacted ATi, but not really gotten any answers.
12-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Find
Rad Offline

None that really stand out like this, theres some choppy lighting in some areas, but most of the time the game is smooth and flawless. I did however get some freaky looking ice at the lake. I'll make a video of that later just cause it looks like a disco floor or something...
12-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Try lower the shader quality and turning post effects off. See if that works.
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Find
Rad Offline

To no avail. I'm really only stuck at one part, where you have to cross a hole with a bunch of boards stacked, I can see one board, and the rest are covered in that accursed grey texture, so its like walking on invisible lameness...
12-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

I am not sure if this is solvable at all from my side. I suspect the ATI drivers for your card is to blame.

I would advice you contacting ATI about this problem. I have contacted them myself, but the more that does so, the faster they might fix the problem (if it really is their fault).
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Find