Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Penumbra Black Plague Teaser!
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5
New Penumbra Black Plague Teaser!

I briefly looked through the forums and saw no mentioning of this wonderful little video released on GameTrailers just today (Dec. 12)...so, without further ado...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28837.html

Warning, it is a little bit spooky near the end...but if you want to see a new monster, you might just want to watch this short teaser... Tongue

What are your thoughts? I think it looks better graphically (notice the underwater sequence in the beginning, and the litter scattered throughout the industrial/office areas); also, the dynamic flashlight being held by the monster looks decent. And congrats on the eerie music! Smile

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2007, 03:38 AM by thor27.)
12-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: New Penumbra Black Plague Teaser!

Yup, posted that video alittle bit ago in the main topic. Wish I hadn't seen it though, because now I'm back to working on my mod >Sad (God, I can't wait to use those textures)

And there are some minor spoilers, showing a new enemy and a familiar one; along with solving several puzzles (nothing too complex though)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
12-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Yup, posted that video alittle bit ago in the main topic.

Can you link to where you posted it? Was it in the "Ep2 videos, screenshots" topic? I don't see it posted anywhere there...

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2007, 11:41 PM by thor27.)
12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Find
GFree Offline

You can also get the vid from here:
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.p...ails=13932

My analysis - interesting. More physics-based puzzles, which I like. No evidence of any guns, which will please those who didn't want firearms in the next episode. Dudes walking around with flashlights (or they make their own light source, don't know yet), looking somewhat malnourished. Modified humans?
12-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

It looks like a cross between a Stalker (from Half Life 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HL2Stalker.jpg) and a generic zombie...and I think it's actually a flashlight that it is holding, but I could be wrong.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2007, 03:39 AM by thor27.)
12-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Find
GFree Offline

Yeah, it's a flashlight. I was thinking the couple of scenes showing something moving in the dark was with a flashlight, and the creature which startles the player at the end had something different, but single-stepping through the last bit definitely shows the creature wielding a flashy. Probably wants to beat the player to a pulp with it too.
12-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

I have taken a close look on that monster and I think he is not holding a flashlight in his hand. There is only some glow coming from his hand
12-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

You know, I really got scared in the end of the teaser, when I realized that there really is something...

...and it was...

Spoiler below!
...well, watch the Teaser! Wink

If you enjoyed the Teaser, you can also try the Demo of Black Plague! Download it from Here!

Great music, and great athmosphere!

Seems scarier than Overture - a lot!

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 08:01 PM by Ano.)
12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

parts of it reminds me of doom 3. some of the general designs, and something with a flashlight (doom 3 zombies). sort of disappointing to see what was holding that flashlight.
being sarcastic, I wonder if that was Red, nothing but bone now, out to kill you.
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Find
GFree Offline

Klayman Wrote:I have taken a close look on that monster and I think he is not holding a flashlight in his hand. There is only some glow coming from his hand
If you look really, really closely at the monster (and I mean stepping through individual frames if you can), you'll see the light coming from something in its hand; it's not the best quality but it looks like some kind of object, so I'm guessing a flashlight. I doubt the monster summons light like an imp or whatever.
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Find