Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Where Are Our Protectors? Part I Release [Fixed]
Jacketyification Offline

Threads: 4
Star  Where Are Our Protectors? Part I Release [Fixed]

Where Are Our Protectors?
Part I Release
(Not sure if i am going to make a Part II. Edit: Today I made up my mind, Part 2 of this Custom Story will not be developed, sorry.)

The year is 1792 and Conrad Saul (You) have been sent to Castle Gordianus because the village has been attacked by bandits for several days, and the Knights from Castle Gordianus is supposed to protect the village from any potentional threats. But the Knights hasn't been seen for weeks...Where are they?

Some Info about the Custom Story:

Only read if you have played the Custom Story, and be sure to read it before you are going to make a comment as well, thanks Smile
Spoiler below!
The Story was supposed too be much more detailed, like who Elvior and Selvior was and such, but I am not good at writing stories and such sadly, so I kinda just rushed through the story and left behind some minor and major plot persons, and I totally forgot to write a note about what Selvior's Nightmare was

Part I of this CS was supposed too be longer but working on this CS became boring sadly Sad

Pictures
http://imgur.com/a/SDKxD#0
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dpqy15f7772k438 [Fixed]

Videos & Gameplay: (Do you have any videos of my Custom Story? If you do, let me know!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgZE4_I4trE [German] By AreonLPS a German Let's player! + Facecam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqldlQ6YIrM [English] By TheBeercake - You should totally check him out, he is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7zN6YDp...r_embedded [German] By JanniFTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkoV03-i8...r_embedded [English] By
oaklesss - It's his first Let's play of a Amnesia Custom Story!

Teaser Images for my new Custom Story [WIP]
Spoiler below!

[Image: BOb8E.jpg]

[Image: lGZq8.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 10:58 AM by Jacketyification.)
04-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Where Are Our Protectors? Part I Release

I'm sure there are some writers who could give you ideas on how to wrap up the story so that it gets some closure. In that way, you don't need to write a sequel. Usually cutting some characters from a play/movie/story/game is the answer.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Find
Jacketyification Offline

(04-06-2012, 02:03 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm sure there are some writers who could give you ideas on how to wrap up the story so that it gets some closure. In that way, you don't need to write a sequel. Usually cutting some characters from a play/movie/story/game is the answer.
Yeah, good idea, If I'm going to make a updated versions for Where Are Our Protectors Part 1, I'll make sure too ask for some help from some writers on this Forum too help me make the story better.
04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

excellent and creepy atmosphere+ level design! for level design - 5|5!
but some bugs|stuck -
Spoiler below!

when i enter to library, leave it, then exit from game and again entered to game - key disappeared and i can"t again enter to it.
crowbar is useless, and lever too
04-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Find
Jacketyification Offline

(04-07-2012, 08:26 AM)Dark Knight Wrote: excellent and creepy atmosphere+ level design! for level design - 5|5!
but some bugs|stuck -
Spoiler below!

when i enter to library, leave it, then exit from game and again entered to game - key disappeared and i can"t again enter to it.
crowbar is useless, and lever too
Thanks!

Hmm, that's quite weird because I have played through the map several times without those bugs. Have you tried Re-Downloading?

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM by Jacketyification.)
04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Ya done well. Ya done damn well. Very high attention to detail, good atmospheric buildup, lighting was solid, save for a few spots. The ambient noises worked well, and are things that a lot of people leave out.

Excellently done, sir. I rarely give such positive feedback.

04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
Jacketyification Offline

(04-07-2012, 05:26 PM)Anxt Wrote: Ya done well. Ya done damn well. Very high attention to detail, good atmospheric buildup, lighting was solid, save for a few spots. The ambient noises worked well, and are things that a lot of people leave out.

Excellently done, sir. I rarely give such positive feedback.
Thank you very much! I am very glad you liked it.
04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

Finished

Spoiler below!
Your map is pretty much perfect. I was absolutely loving the atmosphere and the ambient noises throughout. The Library was easily the scariest part of the story and I loved it; using all those monster sounds throughout the whole area made me very uneasy to walk through it, as I was expecting to run into him everytime I entered another room. I love how you could just walk around, and yet always feel afraid that the monster could be just about anywhere. It's been a while since I've actually had some good fear in a story, so bravo. I only have a couple complaints. I'm not sure what the deal was with the lantern. I couldn't find a single lantern for the whole thing, and suddenly when I entered Storage, it just appeared in my hands. There's also a bit of a glitch. After seeing the monster corpse on the floor, I decided to go upstairs and see what was up there. I found nothing helpful so I went back towards the stairs, and got the scene where the monster is alive and walks off into the hall. So later, once I got into Storage, I found the door that I could use the crowbar on and walked through it, and then left the area before finishing Storage. I appeared back in that upstairs hall previously mentioned, and once I headed towards the stairs, I got the same scene where the monster walks off to the hall, and when I went downstairs, I got text telling me to go check the corpse again. This happened a third time when I finished Storage and left. Nothing bad, but it's a weird glitch that just repeats the same events over and over.

Your CS was fantastic, I can't wait for part 2~

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
Jacketyification Offline

(04-08-2012, 11:49 PM)Kaizy Wrote: Finished

Spoiler below!
Your map is pretty much perfect. I was absolutely loving the atmosphere and the ambient noises throughout. The Library was easily the scariest part of the story and I loved it; using all those monster sounds throughout the whole area made me very uneasy to walk through it, as I was expecting to run into him everytime I entered another room. I love how you could just walk around, and yet always feel afraid that the monster could be just about anywhere. It's been a while since I've actually had some good fear in a story, so bravo. I only have a couple complaints. I'm not sure what the deal was with the lantern. I couldn't find a single lantern for the whole thing, and suddenly when I entered Storage, it just appeared in my hands. There's also a bit of a glitch. After seeing the monster corpse on the floor, I decided to go upstairs and see what was up there. I found nothing helpful so I went back towards the stairs, and got the scene where the monster is alive and walks off into the hall. So later, once I got into Storage, I found the door that I could use the crowbar on and walked through it, and then left the area before finishing Storage. I appeared back in that upstairs hall previously mentioned, and once I headed towards the stairs, I got the same scene where the monster walks off to the hall, and when I went downstairs, I got text telling me to go check the corpse again. This happened a third time when I finished Storage and left. Nothing bad, but it's a weird glitch that just repeats the same events over and over.

Your CS was fantastic, I can't wait for part 2~
Thanks you! And thanks for pointing out those bugs for me, I will fix them now.
04-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Find
TheKataKombs Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Where Are Our Protectors? Part I Release [Fixed]

I downloaded your CS, but the door out from the storage doesnt work. I clicked it, but nothing happened. Could you have messed up something in your [Fixed] Version? Smile

[Image: at_4653116.png]
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Find