Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How do i make a Dark and Evil vocie
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102
How do i make a Dark and Evil vocie

Hello how do i make and Evil and Realy dark voice like this you read an note then after a scream with "GET OUT OR DIE"

any tip

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Website Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How do i make a Dark and Evil vocie

Use an audio editor. Sony Vegas is great for voice effects, but it costs money. Audacity, however, is free.

"Marzipan, darling."
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012, 09:56 PM by Zaari.)
04-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-06-2012, 09:55 PM)Zaari Wrote: Use an audio editor. Sony Vegas is great for voice effects, but it costs money. Audacity, however, is free.
i got sony vegas 10 pro Smile

how do i make effects on it with sounds and got Audacity as well Smile
how do i make those effects

04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Website Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0

(For Sony Vegas) First, record what you want to say and then put it in the editor. Then, right click the track and click "Apply Non-Real-Time Event FX" and it will give you a list of effects. If you want a very low pitched voice, find and double click "Pitch Shift" and then press OK. Check "Preserve duration" and lower the Semitones slide to somewhere around -4 and press OK again. If you are still confused then just look up a tutorial on Youtube.

"Marzipan, darling."
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012, 10:11 PM by Zaari.)
04-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

(04-06-2012, 10:10 PM)Zaari Wrote: (For Sony Vegas) First, record what you want to say and then put it in the editor. Then, right click the track and click "Apply Non-Real-Time Event FX" and it will give you a list of effects. If you want a very low pitched voice, find and double click "Pitch Shift" and then press OK. Check "Preserve duration" and lower the Semitones slide to somewhere around -4 and press OK again. If you are still confused then just look up a tutorial on Youtube.
+1 rep for that!
I couldn't find out how to do that.

04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-06-2012, 10:10 PM)Zaari Wrote: (For Sony Vegas) First, record what you want to say and then put it in the editor. Then, right click the track and click "Apply Non-Real-Time Event FX" and it will give you a list of effects. If you want a very low pitched voice, find and double click "Pitch Shift" and then press OK. Check "Preserve duration" and lower the Semitones slide to somewhere around -4 and press OK again. If you are still confused then just look up a tutorial on Youtube.
ah ty!!! can you give a tut how to set subtitles when the voice comes...

04-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(04-06-2012, 10:25 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: ah ty!!! can you give a tut how to set subtitles when the voice comes...
Inside whatever function you use to call the voice, you could use the function below to effectively display a subtitle. There may well be a better way someone else could suggest, I haven't done any subtitles before

SetMessage(string& asTextCategory, string& asTextEntry, float afTime);

Displays a message on the screen.

asTextCategory - the category in the .lang file
asTextEntry - the entry in the .lang file
afTime - determines how long the message is displayed. If time is < =0 then the life time is calculated based on string length.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012, 11:57 PM by Adrianis.)
04-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-06-2012, 11:56 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(04-06-2012, 10:25 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: ah ty!!! can you give a tut how to set subtitles when the voice comes...
Inside whatever function you use to call the voice, you could use the function below to effectively display a subtitle. There may well be a better way someone else could suggest, I haven't done any subtitles before

afTime - determines how long the message is displayed. If time is < =0 then the life time is calculated based on string length.
i think i need to have add timers then with SetMessage

04-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Website Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

(04-07-2012, 12:00 AM)jessehmusic Wrote:

AddEffectVoice(string& asVoiceFile, string& asEffectFile, string& asTextCat, string& asTextEntry,
bool abUsePosition, string& asPosEntity, float afMinDistance, float afMaxDistance);

This adds a voice and an effect to be played. It is okay to call this many times in order to play many voices in a row. The EffectVoiceOverCallback is not called until ALL voices have finished.
asVoiceFile - the voice to play
asEffectFile - the effect to play
asTextEntry - the text entry in the .lang file
asTextCat - the category in the .lang file
abUsePosition - ?
asPosEntity - the entity at which the effect appears
afMinDistance - minimum distance to see the effect
afMaxDistance - maximum distance to see the effect

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 12:09 AM by Xanthos.)
04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

(04-07-2012, 12:04 AM)Xanthos Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 12:00 AM)jessehmusic Wrote:

AddEffectVoice(string& asVoiceFile, string& asEffectFile, string& asTextCat, string& asTextEntry,
bool abUsePosition, string& asPosEntity, float afMinDistance, float afMaxDistance);

This adds a voice and an effect to be played. It is okay to call this many times in order to play many voices in a row. The EffectVoiceOverCallback is not called until ALL voices have finished.
asVoiceFile - the voice to play
asEffectFile - the effect to play
asTextEntry - the text entry in the .lang file
asTextCat - the category in the .lang file
abUsePosition - ?
asPosEntity - the entity at which the effect appears
afMinDistance - minimum distance to see the effect
afMaxDistance - maximum distance to see the effect

i got error when i made my snt custom sound

got an Ogg and just made an txt and renamed it to "get the fuck out!.snt" same name as the ogg but with "get the fuck out!.ogg"

04-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Website Find