Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Painful Shadows 2 :New beginning
Juke Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Painful Shadows 2 :New beginning

Hi.

I don't think I sound even remotely close to 50 years old so I'm most likely not the man for that particular role, but I gave it a go nonetheless. Not sure how evil he comes across but certainly smug I hope.

The whole set is actually a short story of sorts and includes another character. I hope that it's a good indicator of my skills at least, if nothing else. Youtube had some issues with the subtitles I had written so I took them out.

http://youtu.be/kUToLC9ejXk

The Scenes:

In the first scene the antagonist has somehow trapped or caught the
protagonist and essentially dictates what the main character has to do.
Until double crossing him in the end, as is the tradition amongst
villains.

The protagonist then seeks help from a dangerous thug
or low-life of some description and turns the information found against
the nobleman who is then "framed" and caught by the city watch due to an
anonymous tip. Or something.

I'm pretty hazy on the details
since it's just a voice acting sample although as one it's not exactly
varied. Still I felt like doing it this way rather than just turning the
whole thing into a collection of different sounding people and creatures.
04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Very good.But doesnt fit the character.Needs to sound more evil.But if you cant pull that off Im pretty sure I can find you another role.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Website Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

Hi there! I really really loved painful shadows, everythimg was great in it! I would like to voice act for the sequel! Here are some samples and im looking forward to this either way!
http://m.soundcloud.com/xPICKLEMONSTER
Thanks!

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

04-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Can't wait next chapter! Loved first one! Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
04-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

The progress is going well.This will be different than the first one definately.In a good way of course.

And I still need some voice actors.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Website Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

http://www.soundcloud.com/Leeeyam

I LOVED the first one, I'd love to voice in the next one if needed :>

04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
TheMadAsshatter Offline

Threads: 1

Oh man, the first one was freaking sweet. If you want me to do voice work, here's a sample:http://soundcloud.com/camryn-golin/voice-acting-submission-1

VOICE ACTOR
[Image: 4fe2a997c90f7249489943.png]
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Find
Juke Offline

A short series of voices for would be villains. Some of these sound
quite alike but I'm not too fussed. I may come up with more later.

http://youtu.be/V0J_o0NVjM4

Let me know what you think.
05-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Find
Juke Offline

I moved the discussion from your original story thread to this one since it largely concerns the development of Painful Shadows 2: New Beginning.
kartanonperuna Wrote:Thanks Juke for the huge review.

-The sounds will be better in the sequel
-I try to not use block boxes as much now
-In the sequel,if you go too close to he guards,you will get caught,killed,and have to restart.At least in some situations.Sometimes,even if you step on something loud,you get caught.
-There will be cutscenes in sequel but much much more interesting.The camera is moving and all that.
-I have thought about animating the guards and them being actual real enemies but things would get really complicated then.
-The finnish songs are just reminder that the storycreator is finnish hahaha.Plus I couldnt think of any else good tavern song that I wanted.
-The kids...lets just not talk about them.I kind of just pulled them in for the joke.I guess if you think about it,they were taken away from him since he started drinking and propably was not seemed fit for fathers role.

About the guards and in fact other NPCs I think if they had even a simple idle animation it would make them look so much more alive despite being stationary all the time.

You could also mix the two by having the usual guards that just hangout and mobile ones that could be used in specific cases like chases where you have to just run away on the alleyways and rooftops and what have you.

Normally in custom stories you tend to run from only one monster, as having too many of them would be the death of the player. So I got the idea that you could have one guard (monster) chase you while at the same time avoiding stationary guards (the ones used thus far) that block your escape route. This would open up so many more avenues to the story and give it a thrill that was somewhat lacking in the original story.

I understand though how this could get complicated like you said and getting your hands on animated guard models could prove difficult. My knowledge of the map editor is nonexistant, though I have a sudden urge to learn these things to fulfill my own ideas.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM by Juke.)
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

(05-08-2012, 07:36 PM)Juke Wrote: I moved the discussion from your original story thread to this one since it largely concerns the development of Painful Shadows 2: New Beginning.
' Wrote:Thanks Juke for the huge review.

-The sounds will be better in the sequel
-I try to not use block boxes as much now
-In the sequel,if you go too close to he guards,you will get caught,killed,and have to restart.At least in some situations.Sometimes,even if you step on something loud,you get caught.
-There will be cutscenes in sequel but much much more interesting.The camera is moving and all that.
-I have thought about animating the guards and them being actual real enemies but things would get really complicated then.
-The finnish songs are just reminder that the storycreator is finnish hahaha.Plus I couldnt think of any else good tavern song that I wanted.
-The kids...lets just not talk about them.I kind of just pulled them in for the joke.I guess if you think about it,they were taken away from him since he started drinking and propably was not seemed fit for fathers role.

About the guards and in fact other NPCs I think if they had even a simple idle animation it would make them look so much more alive despite being stationary all the time.

You could also mix the two by having the usual guards that just hangout and mobile ones that could be used in specific cases like chases where you have to just run away on the alleyways and rooftops and what have you.

Normally in custom stories you tend to run from only one monster, as having too many of them would be the death of the player. So I got the idea that you could have one guard (monster) chase you while at the same time avoiding stationary guards (the ones used thus far) that block your escape route. This would open up so many more avenues to the story and give it a thrill that was somewhat lacking in the original story.

I understand though how this could get complicated like you said and getting your hands on animated guard models could prove difficult. My knowledge of the map editor is nonexistant, though I have a sudden urge to learn these things to fulfill my own ideas.
Actually some characters now DO have animation in the sequel.Guards do not.Maybe they will.If someone volunteers to do them.That would be greatly appreciated!

And about the chase Ive actually thought about something like that.But yeah I would need some animations for the guard chasing you then.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Website Find