Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving models without losing material?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Moving models without losing material?

Seriously, I'm giving up on this. I don't know what to do to make things work. I have tried:

-Moving the files to an existing directory (didn't work)
-Recreating the material like ten times (didn't work)
-Reexporting the model like ten times (reassigning the material in blender each time, didn't work))
-saving a map with the model in and restarting (with no luck)
-Adding my directory to the resource.cfg with no luck.
and changed the name of the models and texture to all have lowercase (in case that would magically make things work, but it didn't)

I'm going to be frank and as brutally honest as I can be: The modding tools for Amnesia is a big mess, sure it's an improvement over the Penumbra tools but they are by no means easy to use when it comes to making custom content, you do one small mistake (in this case save the file in another directory before use) and you are screwed over and have to restart. Please Frictional, with the next release of the HPL engine, get these things together because it's making modding the game a nightmare for custom content creators. Good modding tools would let you just drop your content in and let you get to work, and not worry about every little thing you do just in case you would screw things up.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012, 09:31 PM by eliasfrost.)
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Find