Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not good with computers and amnesia really hates starting up for me.
Gerolo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I'm not good with computers and amnesia really hates starting up for me.

Okay so I bought the game off of steam, golden edition.
I go to launch the game and it gives me this little box -
http://oi43.tinypic.com/293wxe9.jpg - I'll believe that's normal.
So I press start after going for mostly low to medium settings and never in full screen. I used to get "A crash/bug has happened!" and it'd give me "EXCEPTIONAL ERROR, NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE" and I read up about it, apparently it's a graphics driver problem, so I tried to fix it, but like I say, I'm terrible with computers, lucky I even know where the on/off button is. I didn't know what I was doing but I some how found out that I have an intel graphics driver, not sure what version or series e.t.c, so I went to a site that this site tells us to go to, the site didn't work.. Not your problem, the site said I needed to update Java, so I did and it still didn't work, so I just searched for other ways of updating the graphics card and I got a few installs that looked like they'd fix it, now my actual memory is terrible and I've no idea if it changed it or not, I don't think it got updated at all.
So I've started the game up again, so I could screen shot the error I get and now it wont even last that long to give me that, it gives me this instead -
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2zimovt.jpg - even worse than before.
I don't know how to tell you what my computer is, it's spectrum, it's graphics e.t.c.
It was given to me a few years ago as a present, so if you could tell me in a very simple "HERP DERP" way, that even children can understand, I'd like that a lot as I could probably understand you, do what you ask and be less of a pain to you that way.
Perhaps in steps, rather than paragraphs, because bit text can be confusing.

So sorry, I'm not very good with computers.
I'll respect what you guys have to say, after all, you know what you're talking about.
I've read other's complaining and when you help them out they just treat you guys terrible, so I'll try not to do that.
Many thanks in advance!

EDIT! - I attached the hpl.log file.
Also I don't know if these are anything helpful, others seem to think so..
System-
Rating : 3.1 Windows Experience Index
Processor : Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) : 2.00 GB
System type : 32-bit Operating System
(Apparently this is something to do with the graphics card, not sure, the file wasn't very clear, I'll assume so.) Intel® g33/g31 express chipset family

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 1.61 KB / Downloads: 103)
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 02:41 AM by Gerolo.)
04-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I'm not good with computers and amnesia really hates starting up for me.

(04-08-2012, 02:28 AM)Gerolo Wrote: Okay so I bought the game off of steam, golden edition.
I go to launch the game and it gives me this little box -
http://oi43.tinypic.com/293wxe9.jpg - I'll believe that's normal.
So I press start after going for mostly low to medium settings and never in full screen. I used to get "A crash/bug has happened!" and it'd give me "EXCEPTIONAL ERROR, NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE" and I read up about it, apparently it's a graphics driver problem, so I tried to fix it, but like I say, I'm terrible with computers, lucky I even know where the on/off button is. I didn't know what I was doing but I some how found out that I have an intel graphics driver, not sure what version or series e.t.c, so I went to a site that this site tells us to go to, the site didn't work.. Not your problem, the site said I needed to update Java, so I did and it still didn't work, so I just searched for other ways of updating the graphics card and I got a few installs that looked like they'd fix it, now my actual memory is terrible and I've no idea if it changed it or not, I don't think it got updated at all.
So I've started the game up again, so I could screen shot the error I get and now it wont even last that long to give me that, it gives me this instead -
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2zimovt.jpg - even worse than before.
I don't know how to tell you what my computer is, it's spectrum, it's graphics e.t.c.
It was given to me a few years ago as a present, so if you could tell me in a very simple "HERP DERP" way, that even children can understand, I'd like that a lot as I could probably understand you, do what you ask and be less of a pain to you that way.
Perhaps in steps, rather than paragraphs, because bit text can be confusing.

So sorry, I'm not very good with computers.
I'll respect what you guys have to say, after all, you know what you're talking about.
I've read other's complaining and when you help them out they just treat you guys terrible, so I'll try not to do that.
Many thanks in advance!

EDIT! - I attached the hpl.log file.
Also I don't know if these are anything helpful, others seem to think so..
System-
Rating : 3.1 Windows Experience Index
Processor : Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) : 2.00 GB
System type : 32-bit Operating System
(Apparently this is something to do with the graphics card, not sure, the file wasn't very clear, I'll assume so.) Intel® g33/g31 express chipset family
Your graphics card (Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family) isn't powerful enough to run Amnesia. Sorry.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Find
Gerolo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I'm not good with computers and amnesia really hates starting up for me.

So would buying a new one work with it? Or is a new computer needed?
May I also add.
Penumbra - requiem sometimes starts up and plays, but then freezes?
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 08:05 AM by Gerolo.)
04-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If you have a desktop you can buy a new one, if you have a laptop you cannot do anything...
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 09:48 AM by plutomaniac.)
04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(04-08-2012, 08:03 AM)Gerolo Wrote: So would buying a new one work with it? Or is a new computer needed?
May I also add.
Penumbra - requiem sometimes starts up and plays, but then freezes?
Like pluto said, if you have a laptop, you need a new one, but if you have a desktop, you would just need to buy a new graphics card.

And as for Requiem, your drivers are probably messed up or out of date. Update them.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Find