Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who Also Does this...?
TheUnbeholden Offline
Banned

Threads: 5
RE: Who Also Does this...?

(04-08-2012, 10:02 PM)sMasl33t Wrote: I wish that Frictional Games will think about this in "A machine for pigs". It ruins the scariness alot. You could just run out like a brainless pig, get killed, respawn, and walk past like nothing's happend. Penumbra had different difficulties to choose from as the game started. I wish Frictional will take those back to their next Amnesia. Depending on which difficulty you have choosen, it could change if the monsters respawn upon death or if they don't.

Yes its one the holes in a otherwise great game. If you want to be afraid of death, you have to punish the player for it.... We know its a game so you're going to live again... a punishment would be replaying the start of the level and have the monster still spawn where it did.

A difficulty slider could change how this is handled, but normal difficulty should punish the player IMO.
Survival horror is supposed to lean towards hard. I also think there should be alternate ways to solve puzzles, rather than adhering to one certain path of logic, it would be smart game design to give players choice... because that's one of the advantages of a interactive medium like video games.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 01:26 PM by TheUnbeholden.)
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Who Also Does this...?

(04-17-2012, 11:23 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well, if you put it that way, you're knowingly putting aside immersion entirely, and just seeing how the game can work on a technical scale.

In this case, I wouldn't call it a bad thing anymore, as you're basically not intending to play a immersive game, you're just testing out how it can work in different aspects even if it destroys the story, and immersion of the game.

Just so you know, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being perfectly honest right now. In the way you put it it's just fine.
Ok! I'm glad we cleared this up.

04-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Find