Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom mode trouble...
natycik Offline

Threads: 3
Custom mode trouble...

So i download the custom stories, and in the instructions it says to put them in to the custom_story folder in ''Amnesia'' folder... Well i have NOTHING inside ''Amnesia''folder, and no custom_story. But the game plays perfectly its just i dont know what to do with the mods.

Please help?
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Custom mode trouble...

(04-10-2012, 07:56 PM)natycik Wrote: So i download the custom stories, and in the instructions it says to put them in to the custom_story folder in ''Amnesia'' folder... Well i have NOTHING inside ''Amnesia''folder, and no custom_story. But the game plays perfectly its just i dont know what to do with the mods.

Please help?
If there are no files inside the folder, then maybe you're looking at the wrong Amnesia folder.
Could you post the search path to your folder?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

After opening your Amnesia install folder, open up the "redist" folder, the "custom_stories" folder will be in there.

Also, as an off topic note, don't type in red. It's really unneeded.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Find
natycik Offline

(04-10-2012, 08:07 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 07:56 PM)natycik Wrote: So i download the custom stories, and in the instructions it says to put them in to the custom_story folder in ''Amnesia'' folder... Well i have NOTHING inside ''Amnesia''folder, and no custom_story. But the game plays perfectly its just i dont know what to do with the mods.

Please help?
If there are no files inside the folder, then maybe you're looking at the wrong Amnesia folder.
Well now somehow there ARE files o.o
I go to documents, press AMNESIA. then i click MAIN. thats the only folder in Amnesia. In there there is my saved games, then first_start_flag, hpl, installkey, launcher, main_settings.

thats it and no redist folder. im sorry for writing in red, i guess i just accidently clicked it

Even when i search the word ''custom'' on my computer for ANYTHING, it doesnt find itSad
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012, 09:33 PM by natycik.)
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-10-2012, 09:32 PM)natycik Wrote:

Please help?
I go to documents, press AMNESIA. then i click MAIN. thats the only folder in Amnesia. In there there is my saved games, then first_start_flag, hpl, installkey, launcher, main_settings.

thats it and no redist folder. im sorry for writing in red, i guess i just accidently clicked it

Even when i search the word ''custom'' on my computer for ANYTHING, it doesnt find itSad
Just as I thought: You're in the wrong Amnesia folder. That is just your settings folder - not the folder where you installed the game. If you're using Steam, then the game folder is in your Steam folder. If you're not using Steam, then it's simply where you installed it - maybe under Programs\.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 04:46 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Find
natycik Offline

(04-11-2012, 04:46 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 09:32 PM)natycik Wrote:

Please help?

Just as I thought: You're in the wrong Amnesia folder. That is just your settings folder - not the folder where you installed the game. If you're using Steam, then the game folder is in your Steam folder. If you're not using Steam, then it's simply where you installed it - maybe under Programs\.

I found it under the Programs, there is Amnesia,Frictional Games Support, Frictional Games, Manual, Remember-Short Story Collection and Uninstal Amnesia. Is this the right folder? Because i dont have anything else, but i still cant find the custom story folderSad

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 04:49 AM by natycik.)
04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-11-2012, 04:48 AM)natycik Wrote: I found it under the Programs, there is Amnesia,Frictional Games Support, Frictional Games, Manual, Remember-Short Story Collection and Uninstal Amnesia. Is this the right folder? Because i dont have anything else, but i still cant find the custom story folderSad
I'm talking about C:\Programs\. You're currently in the Start menu folder where the shortcuts to your install path is. I could tell you to locate the actual path through right-clicking on those shortcuts and choosing Properties, but you don't seem to know computers that well, so at this point I'm worried that you'll mess up somehow. Do you have a family member there who knows computers?

04-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Find
natycik Offline

(04-11-2012, 05:00 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 04:48 AM)natycik Wrote: I found it under the Programs, there is Amnesia,Frictional Games Support, Frictional Games, Manual, Remember-Short Story Collection and Uninstal Amnesia. Is this the right folder? Because i dont have anything else, but i still cant find the custom story folderSad
I'm talking about C:\Programs\. You're currently in the Start menu folder where the shortcuts to your install path is. I could tell you to locate the actual path through right-clicking on those shortcuts and choosing Properties, but you don't seem to know computers that well, so at this point I'm worried that you'll mess up somehow. Do you have a family member there who knows computers?
Ahh im so sorry i feel really dumb for not knowing computers, all i wanted to do is just to play the gameSad No I live with my mom she does not use the computer. So there is no way to explain it to me? Sad
04-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)natycik Wrote:
Ahh im so sorry i feel really dumb for not knowing computers, all i wanted to do is just to play the gameSad No I live with my mom she does not use the computer. So there is no way to explain it to me? Sad
If you don't know how to get to C:\Programs\ or what the Start menu is, then I think you'll have to take some kind of computer course, or possibly there's a help file from Microsoft that can tell you somehow, or some helpful page on the internet. In any case, you'll need to learn using a program called the "Explorer", not to be confused with "Internet Explorer". Until you know what you're doing better, I don't recommend trying to install custom stories - sorry.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 05:24 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Find
natycik Offline

(04-11-2012, 05:23 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 05:03 AM)natycik Wrote:
If you don't know how to get to C:\Programs\ or what the Start menu is, then I think you'll have to take some kind of computer course, or possibly there's a help file from Microsoft that can tell you somehow, or some helpful page on the internet. In any case, you'll need to learn using a program called the "Explorer", not to be confused with "Internet Explorer". Until you know what you're doing better, I don't recommend trying to install custom stories - sorry.
I know all that, its just that my english is bad and thats why im so confused... Well thank you anyway
04-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Find