Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20
Trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity

void OnStart()
{
    PlaySoundAtEntity("ambience_voice", "ambience_voice.snt", "deformed_man_1", 1.0f, true);
} //omitted lots of code for thread

I'm trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity with no success. I spawn right next to deformed_man_1, and even so, I cannot hear it at all. ambience_voice is in "amnesia the dark descent\sounds\ambience". I've tried it with and without ".snt" in the parameters, tried different internal names, and I've tried different levels.

Dark Seclusion Here
04-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity

(04-14-2012, 01:58 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote:
void OnStart()
{
    PlaySoundAtEntity("ambience_voice", "ambience_voice.snt", "deformed_man_1", 1.0f, true);

I'm trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity with no success. I spawn right next to deformed_man_1, and even so, I cannot hear it at all. ambience_voice is in "amnesia the dark descent\sounds\ambience". I've tried it with and without ".snt" in the parameters, tried different internal names, and I've tried different levels.
So far I do not know why, but what I have discovered, you can't play sounds at some entities. Try to play your sound at another entity that not is the "deformed_man_1" and see if it works. If it does work, put a script area around "deformed_man_1" and play the sound at that area instead.

04-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Website Find
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Trying to use PlaySoundAtEntity

(04-14-2012, 02:51 PM)Mackiiboy Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 01:58 PM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote:
void OnStart()
{

So far I do not know why, but what I have discovered, you can't play sounds at some entities. Try to play your sound at another entity that not is the "deformed_man_1" and see if it works. If it does work, put a script area around "deformed_man_1" and play the sound at that area instead.
Ah! That was it. I played it at a wooden box and it worked! Thanks. Big Grin

Dark Seclusion Here
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Find