Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia really the scariest game?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Amnesia really the scariest game?

Hello friends of horror.
I myself call Amnesia the scariest game in history, but never played other horror games.
Perhaps because I'm a PC gamer and there are no much good horror games for PC.
I found some old PS2 games, which let me think to buy a console.
Some of them look scarier than Amnesia, somehow.
I know, Frictional Games are the kings of horror, but when I compare Amnesia to most of this games here, I really can't say it is scarier. I really missed the dirty disturbing environments and the shocking effects you can see in this games here. I wish to have a similar game to this by Frictional Games, maybe without weapons, but this here looks scarier as I think.
I'm also not a fan of action and violence, really prefer the decent gameplay of Amnesia, but when you look at the environments and atmosphere, the scarier horror is not Amnesia as it seems like.

Please watch all videos and say me what you think.
Is Amnesia really the scariest game?

Fatal Frame:

Silent Hill:

Rule of Rose:

Project Siren:

Ju-On:

Nightmare House:

Dark Fall Lost Souls:

04-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Amnesia really the scariest game?

Hmm... yes, Amnesia is scary.
But when I see the gameplay of this games, it seems more scary for me.
Rule of Rose should be enormous cruel and disturbing as I red. The game is forbidden in europe because the game is about children. But when I look at all the atmosphere etc. it seems like a very good psycho horror thriller with praised story.
Really, you have to watch all the videos, I know it takes over an hour, but then you know what I mean. I really missed some of such horror effects in Amnesia. I mean, a game could be more scary than this. I've fear to see a woman sitting on a chair and you don't want to look at her, but you do.
Perhaps, A Machine of Pigs would contain more of horror effects and scary disturbing moments when I see this games.
04-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

Siren and Ju-On is at least on the same level as Amnesia, Ju-On being much scarier, and Silent Hill has better stories. However, I don't think you can mod with any of those games.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

you seem to be missing haunting grounds ^.^

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
04-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Clocktower is also good. The first one was badass.

04-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

I guess I can be called a "horror geek," so immediately at least 10 more names of scary games came to my mind. But, for all of your sake, I won't go down listing all of them (unless you want me to Big Grin ).
But on topic, I'm not sure I would say Amnesia is the scariest game out there, but its high suspense and lack of weapons definitely make it one of the scariest games around!

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 09:15 AM by ThoseRandomGuyz.)
04-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

While it may not be THE scariest game, in my mind, it will always be the best, as it was my first horror game, and without it I wouldn't be who I am today (a horror genre freak Big Grin)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Definitely the most enjoyable horror game I've ever played, and the scariest. But maybe not the scariest in the world. Tongue
If it isn't the scariest, it's very close. I can think of many games which have made me fear-quit, and have to take week long breaks in-between.

04-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Which might be scarier, but it's a short game:
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/adven...hich/1523/

...and SCB-087B might be scarier if you're into jumpscares, but that game is also very boring. Maybe SCB Containment Breach is cooler - I haven't played it.

04-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
MikaKroolik Offline

Threads: 0

I'm sure it is not, of course it's not as dull as Diablo 3, but in my opinion FEAR is more scary
07-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Find