Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request New Carpet Models?
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
New Carpet Models?

I don't know if it's just me... but I would love to have some new carpet models. This will definitely help me in the new FC (full conversion) I'm working on, as the FC is pretty much based off a mansion (And most of the gameplay will be inside a mansion).

Why else would I want it? Because I'm using the ones that come with Amnesia "too much" due to the fact that there are only 4 models. And I can already sense that people will give me a comment saying "Used same carpet models too much"

I tried creating some, it was a fail. I don't know how to use Blender (as I was trying to create Static_Object carpets, like the 4 carpets themselves, as they are Static_Objects as well).

Please and thank you! Smile

P.S You can even just tell me how to create S.Objects or tips/help me out on how to create them myself (So pretty much I do the work :p)
04-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: New Carpet Models?

Most of the work in making carpets would go to texturing, as the models themselves are no more than very very flat boxes (with no bottom face) Therefore a simple way to add a new carpet would be to take one of the existing models and replace the texture (with some appropriate reproportioning of the mesh, UVs, etc). If you don't want to paint an entire rug, basing one off of these may help: http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=22019

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2012, 05:22 AM by Kurton.)
04-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: New Carpet Models?

(04-18-2012, 05:21 AM)Kurton Wrote: Most of the work in making carpets would go to texturing, as the models themselves are no more than very very flat boxes (with no bottom face) Therefore a simple way to add a new carpet would be to take one of the existing models and replace the texture (with some appropriate reproportioning of the mesh, UVs, etc). If you don't want to paint an entire rug, basing one off of these may help: http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=22019

Yeah, I was planning on using the CGTextures site for the custom carpets.

However, I'm still confused :/
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Find