Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music style
LateForTea Offline

Threads: 1
Music style

Hey guys,

Yesterday I stumbled on some Silent Hill soundtracks, which got me thinking about the music used in custom stories. Most music used in Custom stories (and horror movies/games in general), as I've experienced it, are often creepy and eerie ambient music tracks with instruments such as pianos and violins. There is nothing wrong with it, and it can do a great job at strengthening the atmosphere.
However, I believe there is another type of music that can do a great job at this, which I barely hear in custom stories, and that is the one with loud and distorted sounds.

The two tracks Im mainly refering to are "Betrayal" and "Butterflies", both from the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack. Whenever I listen to these two tracks, I can hear the sounds cutting into me, something that the eerie ambient music can't do. I believe this can be a great addition to custom stories, if used wisely.

As I'd like to use this type of music in my own custom story, I was wondering if anyone knows the music style/type featured in those tracks? Or is the Silent Hill soundtrack one of a kind (Which wouldn't surprise me, as I haven't been able to find anything similar)?

04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Music style

Those are sick tracks!
But in my opinion it would be a little out of place in amnesia.
I think the story should take place nowadays for that kind of electro music.
Try to listen to Aphex twin stuffs (that guy is crazy), maybe you'll find tracks in that same spirit.

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Find