I have decided to take up the task of going through popular custom stories and proofreading the grammar, correcting hundreds
of mistakes and making many portions easier to understand. I also check all the subtitles to make sure they match exactly
with what was spoken. At the same time, I make sure to change as little of the core story as possible, leaving the experience as intended by the author. I take no credit for creating any of these custom stories, I am simply making them look nicer.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the custom story you want to play installed.
2. Extract the files to either Program Files/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories for regular patches, or extract the files to the redist folder if you are using a patch for a full conversion mod.
3. Make sure that you overwrite any files when asked. If you are not asked to overwrite any files, you are probably not installing them to the write place.
1. Pretty much the same as above. Install the files to either your custom story folder (probably located at C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom stories) for regular patches, or to the main amnesia folder for full conversion patches.
2. Make sure that you overwrite any files when asked. If you are not asked to overwrite any files, you are probably not installing them to the write place.
Feel free to request any mod you would like proofread. This page will constantly be updated as I continue going through custom stories.
Note: If you wish to uninstall (for whatever reason) simply download the original game files and overwrite the new ones. Your progress should remain intact.
50-100~ grammatical/spelling errors corrected. Over 100 double spaces fixed, and several small tweaks made for clarity. *Taken down at request of CS author Anxt*
The Attic - Chapter One:
50-100 grammatical errors corrected. Edited to ensure a consistent feel across all of the notes.
The Attic - Chapter Two:
50+ grammatical/spelling errors corrected. Several sections edited for clarity.
Over 150~ grammatical/spelling errors corrected. Several sections edited for clarity, and item names changed to sound better. 2-3 hours of work.
Dark Room 1:
Not a whole lot to fix here, lol. But I did correct the grammar and changed the intro a bit, so why not use it?
~50 grammatical corrections made, and several sections edited to be much more clear than what they were. It might not match exactly the original text, but it looks much, much better in my opinion.
The Interrogation Chapter 1:
150+ grammar/spelling corrections. Subtitles tweaked extensively to match perfectly with what was spoken. Three hours of work.
Killings In Altstadt(FC):
50-100 grammatical/spelling errors correct. Subtitles tweaked extensively to match perfectly with what was spoken. 1.5 Hours of work. This is for the FC only, if you really need it for the CS version, PM me.
Over 100 grammatical errors corrected; subtitles tweaked to match the spoken words exactly. Three hours of work.
100-150 grammatical errors corrected. Several edits made for clarity. Subtitles tweaked extensively to match exactly what was spoken. Two hours of work.
The Small Horse I - The Escape:
25~ grammatical/spelling errors corrected. Certain intentional errors left intact, as they felt essential to the "feel" of the story.
The Small Horse II-A - The Abuse:
25-50~ grammatical/spelling errors corrected. Certain intentional errors left intact, as they felt essential to the "feel" of the story.
This Darn House!
200+ grammatical/spelling errors fixed. Fixed Crazy Random Word Capitalization In Every Word Of Every Sentence. A few small tweaks made for clarity.
Over 200-300 grammatical errors corrected. Subtitles edited to match perfectly with what was spoken. Over 10 hours of work.
If you find my work helpful, I would greatly appreciate a +rep, if you think I deserve it.
*If you are a Custom Story author and would like to use this patch in your work, feel free. Just give me a mention in the credits. Also, if you are an author of one of the stories I have created a patch for and would like it removed, simply contact me by PM.