Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickaxe
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Pickaxe

Their is a unused Pickaxe model in the Models>Hand_Objects>Pickaxe folder.

How can I tell if it has a animation for it?

If it does not, I will make my own. I have the model done in Blender, just got to texture it now. But to add animations, could anyone give me pointers on that? I'm never rigged anything yet, and I'm not sure how complex it is just to give it a simple swing down and swing up animation.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM by Rapture.)
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Pickaxe

(04-19-2012, 05:14 PM)Rapture Wrote: Their is a unused Pickaxe model in the Models>Hand_Objects>Pickaxe folder.

How can I tell if it has a animation for it?

If it does not, I will make my own. I have the model done in Blender, just got to texture it now. But to add animations, could anyone give me pointers on that? I'm never rigged anything yet, and I'm not sure how complex it is just to give it a simple swing down and swing up animation.

well, since youre using blender, im sorta dull on that subject. if you look in the animation bar of blender, there should be some sort of key points set to it. to view the model's animation, copy it to the desktop, change one of its animations' file name from .dae_anim to .dae (there really isnt a difference, only that the editor can only read the .dae's animation as a .dae_anim filetype)

when youve opened one of the animations, check the animation bar. you should be able to see some sort of animation.

thats really all i can advise you to do for blender.

hope this helps! ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Pickaxe

If you mean how to animate it simply swinging up and down like in Amnesia with the hammer, I BELIEVE the model has a joint attached at the bottom of the model through the ModelEditor and it is set as a MoveObject that uses an angular approach rather than linear. Meaning, it moves by rotating on a point. Linear is a sliding movement. The "animation" is done through script.

I could be wrong, but it's something along those lines.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012, 08:36 PM by Statyk.)
04-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Find