Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Stories Won't Appear!!
Djdojo11 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Custom Stories Won't Appear!!

Huh I am on my desktop computer. It is a windows 7. I bought the game, and have the disk. So it was manually download by me to the hard drive. I've tried everything to make custom stories appear, but nothing works.
This is what I have tried:
I've saved a handful of different custom stories and put them on my desktop. All are zipped or .rar files, and I simply extract them into (CSmile/Program files(x86)/Amnesia-The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories
It does not work. I googled and looked around all over for a solution and nothing is working. Angry Very frustrating. This is all I have done, everything else I saw was rather from Mac users or other sorts. Which will not help me any. What do I do? Is there something I am missing? HELP!
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Custom Stories Won't Appear!!

(04-18-2012, 11:26 PM)Djdojo11 Wrote: Huh I am on my desktop computer. It is a windows 7. I bought the game, and have the disk. So it was manually download by me to the hard drive. I've tried everything to make custom stories appear, but nothing works.
This is what I have tried:
I've saved a handful of different custom stories and put them on my desktop. All are zipped or .rar files, and I simply extract them into (CSmile/Program files(x86)/Amnesia-The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories
It does not work. I googled and looked around all over for a solution and nothing is working. Angry Very frustrating. This is all I have done, everything else I saw was rather from Mac users or other sorts. Which will not help me any. What do I do? Is there something I am missing? HELP!
how about. you export the rar file on your desktop first, and THEN copy the folder into the custom story folder.

windows has a tendency to delete files which are exported into the programfiles folder.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
04-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Find