Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else creep themselves out during development?
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: Anyone else creep themselves out during development?

I did it to myself when I put in a script that spawns a random enemy and random path so you never know where it's going to come from.

When I reached the area, it spawned downstairs and walked upstairs past me, so I hid from it until it passed. Then I went downstairs, and it was WAITING FOR ME. I ran like hell and waited for it to go upstairs again. To this day I still can't explain how it got back down there, and haven't been able to duplicate it. I can only assume it phased through the floor somehow.

04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

I used to on my first custom story. Mainly while I'm being chased my arms start to shiver.
But now I find it nothing but time consuming.

04-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(04-20-2012, 09:31 PM)BlingBoyOto Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 09:21 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: Once I scaled the grunt down to be super tiny, and put him inside a glass display. When I loaded it to see how cute it was, he spawned, in full size, right on top of the display. I immediately quit. Lol.
Haha I tried doing that by making the brute bigger and put him down under the cliff...
I didnt see him so I went down and bam he was there in original size XD
Had to use .ent files to edit
You can scale the size with the .ent file? Like, in the model editor? Interesting..

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
04-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

(04-21-2012, 12:10 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 09:31 PM)BlingBoyOto Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 09:21 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: Once I scaled the grunt down to be super tiny, and put him inside a glass display. When I loaded it to see how cute it was, he spawned, in full size, right on top of the display. I immediately quit. Lol.
Haha I tried doing that by making the brute bigger and put him down under the cliff...
I didnt see him so I went down and bam he was there in original size XD
Had to use .ent files to edit
You can scale the size with the .ent file? Like, in the model editor? Interesting..
ehhmm no i think i just edited it in notepad++ (i think)

lol noobs
04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Find