Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-

I feel.
Very.
Very.
Very Sick after reading this. The thread should come with free aspirin.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

04-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I need some aspirin too

If you don't sell the stuff, you should have no problem with copyright. That should be the least of your concerns, worry about the visuals first Tongue

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 01:35 AM by Juby.)
04-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

(04-24-2012, 01:35 AM)Juby Wrote: I need some aspirin too

If you don't sell the stuff, you should have no problem with copyright. That should be the least of your concerns, worry about the visuals first Tongue
False. Copyright infringement is any use without permission.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
04-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-23-2012, 10:03 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 09:11 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 09:06 PM)Traggey Wrote: It contains content ripped from another product, in this case Bioshock. He did not create these models and therefor does not have the rights to distribute them, we'd be downloading stolen content.
What if you own Bioshock? c:
It would still be illegal, because simply ripping the models to begin with would require reverse engineering, which breaks 99 % of games User license agreements. And for these models to be turned into DAE files they must've been reverse engineered first.

Upon the purchase of a game you do not buy the rights to the content within the game itself, you're simply paying for a license to play the game.
Well, technically, if you own a copy of BioShock, and you download this custom story bundled with a premade tool to automatically rip the models out of there (to transfer to the cs) yourself, then any reverse engineering would have already been done. However, I think "disassemble" is also in the user licence agreement.
It's also worth noting that user licence agreements aren't recognized by most courts, because nobody reads them anyway.
Also, there's like six pages here, about following the law. While I think that you should buy games in order to support developers, fuck the law! The law has never done anything for me.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

(04-24-2012, 02:24 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 10:03 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 09:11 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 09:06 PM)Traggey Wrote: It contains content ripped from another product, in this case Bioshock. He did not create these models and therefor does not have the rights to distribute them, we'd be downloading stolen content.
What if you own Bioshock? c:
It would still be illegal, because simply ripping the models to begin with would require reverse engineering, which breaks 99 % of games User license agreements. And for these models to be turned into DAE files they must've been reverse engineered first.

Upon the purchase of a game you do not buy the rights to the content within the game itself, you're simply paying for a license to play the game.
Well, technically, if you own a copy of BioShock, and you download this custom story bundled with a premade tool to automatically rip the models out of there (to transfer to the cs) yourself, then any reverse engineering would have already been done. However, I think "disassemble" is also in the user licence agreement.
It's also worth noting that user licence agreements aren't recognized by most courts, because nobody reads them anyway.
Also, there's like six pages here, about following the law. While I think that you should buy games in order to support developers, fuck the law! The law has never done anything for me.
As much as I'd like to defend copyright I have a feeling you wouldn't bother listening.

Voice Actress
04-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-24-2012, 02:24 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Also, there's like six pages here, about following the law. While I think that you should buy games in order to support developers, fuck the law! The law has never done anything for me.

Posting Freak
04-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-24-2012, 02:34 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: As much as I'd like to defend copyright I have a feeling you wouldn't bother listening.
Well, copyright generally helps to pay developers, but if you already own BioShock, and you're not trying to make money off their IP, then what's your defense? That rules are rules? Every person on this planet is up way past their neck in endless rules instated by people we don't even want anywhere near our lives. You'd have to be rich or a woman to get any benefits from those rules.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

(04-24-2012, 02:41 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 02:34 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: As much as I'd like to defend copyright I have a feeling you wouldn't bother listening.
Well, copyright generally helps to pay developers, but if you already own BioShock, and you're not trying to make money off their IP, then what's your defense? That rules are rules? Every person on this planet is up way past their neck in endless rules instated by people we don't even want anywhere near our lives. You'd have to be rich or a woman to get any benefits from those rules.
Oh, sexism, very classy. But I will reiterate; As much as I'd love to debate this issue I believe it wouldn't actually get through to you, so I won't.

Voice Actress
04-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Find
Nickshrike Offline

Threads: 1

Im pretty sure Skashi is aware of the risks, this debate is useless, it's up to Skashi whether they wanna take the small risk of being told to take it down. Just let Skashi decide.
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(04-24-2012, 02:41 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
I agree with you up to a certain point. We're not born to pay our stay around here to some people we have nothing to do with. If you were using Amnesia's models without permission, it would be a major problem because these models are done with a whole lot of different worries, concerns and dedication(Indie development), but even so, I don't believe stealing content is something you should do like that. There are laws that are made for the sake of politics, but I don't believe that forbidding stealing is one of them.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2012, 02:06 PM by nemesis567.)
04-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Find