Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange recently bugs.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Strange recently bugs.

My game actually seems to be enormous buggy.

Many strange things happens, but I never had such issues before.
Do you remember the place where you pick up the first note from Daniel where you have to operate the lever?

Isn't there a shelf moving and open a passage?

Where's this shelf?

[Image: zayhm2dn.jpg]

I loaded an older savegame and try again, the shelf seemed to shatter into the ground and throw away all bottles that it finally disappear into the ground.
I have version 1.2 and never had this strange things before.
This is not the only strange bug the game actually has. The dead body in back hall in front of Danials room sometimes is invisible, but you can pick it up.

What would Jens say about that?

I added a video to show the issue.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM by Googolplex.)
04-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Strange recently bugs.

Seems like someone has modded their files too much?
04-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

It looks like it's moving according to another coordinate system, or moving without a joint.
Open the map for this level. Is there still an area at the right side of the shelf, called "shelf_secret_door_joint_1"?
(I'm assuming that you've tried restarting the game and gotten the same effect.)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

These types of glitches are pretty common, actually.

04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Modded, replaced, changed, cache strangeness in files etc could cause it
04-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Here's a wild stab in the dark: Maybe you have Fast Physics checked. Uncheck it.

04-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Hello I tried to restart the game and the bug wasn't there anymore.
It just was the first time I had this.
Nothing is modded, changed or replaced. It's the original proper game, I also don't play custom stories.
When loading the savegame, the bug always happens, seems to be something corrup with the savegame.
But my PC is good and clean, I think it was a rare and random bug.

Never had this before, but this was a really funny bug.
But as I said, some time I could pick up the dead body in front of Daniels room, but it was invisible.
I don't know if it is normal, never recognized that before.

This bug was just funny, so I had to show this.
But by restarting the game, everything was correct again.

Relly really strange...
04-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-23-2012, 03:54 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hello I tried to restart the game and the bug wasn't there anymore.
It just was the first time I had this.
Nothing is modded, changed or replaced. It's the original proper game, I also don't play custom stories.
When loading the savegame, the bug always happens, seems to be something corrup with the savegame.
But my PC is good and clean, I think it was a rare and random bug.

Never had this before, but this was a really funny bug.
But as I said, some time I could pick up the dead body in front of Daniels room, but it was invisible.
I don't know if it is normal, never recognized that before.

This bug was just funny, so I had to show this.
But by restarting the game, everything was correct again.

Relly really strange...
I see that I was wrong in assuming that you restarted the game and the bug would still reappear. *sigh*

This might have something to do with FG not(?) saving the disabling of interactions with an entity when a game is saved. In the map, OnStart() triggers "SetEntityInteractionDisabled("shelf_secret_door_joint_1", true);" and I bet that if interaction isn't disabled, then you can knock the joint away from its position with another entity (or the player), causing the door to open in that weird way.

The fountain guy is invisible most of the time, until he appears as part of a scare, but you're not supposed to be able to pick him up, because again, the interaction with this entity should probably have been disabled. ...so these bugs appear to be linked.

04-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

You seems to have right. But how can this strange physic bugs happen?

I played the game hundred of times and never had this issue before, hmm... something was wrong with the mechanics of save event.

But it's interesting.

To the other bug with the dead body.

I don't mean the fountain guy, I mean the bloody body in front of Daniel's room.

This body normally is added when the grunt is leaving the door and go outside.

Before you entered the room, the body normally doesn't appear. It was invisible, but I was able to pick it up and throw it away.
But I can't see it.

Such kind of bugs lets me thinking.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM by Googolplex.)
04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-23-2012, 08:29 PM)Googolplex Wrote: You seems to have right. But how can this strange physic bugs happen?

I played the game hundred of times and never had this issue before, hmm... something was wrong with the mechanics of save event.

But it's interesting.

To the other bug with the dead body.

I don't mean the fountain guy, I mean the bloody body in front of Daniel's room.

This body normally is added when the grunt is leaving the door and go outside.

Before you entered the room, the body normally doesn't appear. It was invisible, but I was able to pick it up and throw it away.
But I can't see it.

Such kind of bugs lets me thinking.
The body's actually an insanity event, meaning you probably just had very low sanity when entering his room that time. The only reason it appears after the Grunt leaves is because I assume that event drains a lot of your sanity (that could be scripted to appear either way though, not sure). As for picking it up, not sure how that's even possible as all of Amnesia's body models are either ragdolls or static objects... Unless you mean body parts that is.

Posting Freak
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Website Find