Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amneisa: The Dark Descent Problems[Help?]
Spawnehh Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amneisa: The Dark Descent Problems[Help?]

Well, I just recently bought Amneisa; The Dark Descent, and I have it's demo aswell [Windows]. I have tested the Demo but won't work normally. For example; I start the demo, it begins, Daniel says his lines but the screen is black. Once everything is done and you hear the water flow, all I can see is a white little box in the middle of the screen. I move the mouse and sometimes I spot the hand and click, it is for a door. Still my screen is black [Expect for the white box, of course]. But then again, it is currently FULLY black now.

And this is the same problem for the original game. Nothing. Works. I Honestly don't know what to do, I know it's a GREAT game, but this is a horrible problem I can't figure out since I'm not that much of a computer person. Also, is it normal for when you launch the game you are not able to control your mouse as it goes to the top left corner of your screen?
Could any of you help me?
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amneisa: The Dark Descent Problems[Help?]

(04-26-2012, 11:30 PM)Spawnehh Wrote: Well, I just recently bought Amneisa; The Dark Descent, and I have it's demo aswell [Windows]. I have tested the Demo but won't work normally. For example; I start the demo, it begins, Daniel says his lines but the screen is black. Once everything is done and you hear the water flow, all I can see is a white little box in the middle of the screen. I move the mouse and sometimes I spot the hand and click, it is for a door. Still my screen is black [Expect for the white box, of course]. But then again, it is currently FULLY black now.

And this is the same problem for the original game. Nothing. Works. I Honestly don't know what to do, I know it's a GREAT game, but this is a horrible problem I can't figure out since I'm not that much of a computer person. Also, is it normal for when you launch the game you are not able to control your mouse as it goes to the top left corner of your screen?
Could any of you help me?
Sounds like a classic Graphics card issue. What Graphics card do you have? Have you installed the latest drivers for it?
This won't explain the odd mouse cursor behavior, though.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Is the mouse problem only in the full version?Or is it in the demo too?

04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

read the sticky guides
04-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Find