Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics
metropolis Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics

(06-30-2011, 09:47 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: If your model has not been given from the manufacturer the new Intel drivers which support the game (2361) then you cannot play the game.

Could you just rephrase that?

I have the same problem as OP, uses my integrated instead of my dedicated and I'd like to understand why I cant play the game on this computer. Frictional is still a great company and Amnesia is awesome even if it was a bitch to get working. (works on my other computer)
07-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics

there must be an option or power settings that solves that at these laptops but I cannot find or confirm it. Play it at your other computer and have fun! Smile
07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Find
VergilPrime Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago I got it!!!

Heres how to fix this on an HP Pavillion DV7 running Windows 7. I suspect it may fix the problem on all HPs with the dual graphics card nightmare. Please share and credit VergilPrime :3

Step 1: Download HP Support Assistant.
Seems all of HP's drivers and updates must be downloaded through this program. Attempts to update through the web are a nightmare at best.

Step 2: Update Bios with HP Support Assistant.
Fn + Escape key will tell you what bios you have. If you have one past 7/20/2011 then you dont need to update.

Step 3: access Bios menu
Restart your computer and tap F10 repeatedly during the startup process

Step 4: find Switchable Graphics something or other.
It should be under "system settings" or something in Bios. It will be set do dynamic, set it to fixed.

Step 5: Save and continue booting windows.
Press f10 again and it should prompt you to save changes and exit bios.

Step 6: Set graphics card to GeForce or whatever you have
Right click on the desktop and click configue switchable graphics, the stupid screen you saw before should be replaced with a simple switch back and forth between "Power Saving GPU" and "High Performance GPU". Select High Performance, Apply and exit.

Now when you run the launcher it should detect Radeon instead of Intel.

Much thanks to Jack from HP customer support who helped me troubleshoot this problem for an entire hour and a half, stabbing in the dark with me until we found this solution.
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

the solution is here some time now:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html
10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Find
matlbr Offline

Thank's it works!

Great game, great job!!!

Regards
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011, 03:39 PM by matlbr.)
10-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Find
Banani13 Offline

Threads: 1

got the same problem with a HP Pavilion dv7.
got Mobile Intel® HD Graphics (integrated)
Radeon ™ HD 6770M (dedicated)

its the exact same problem and i really need help.. it seems that i have not only wsted money for the game, but also money for the laptop as it is the same shit with minecrat and other games too -.-'
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid121870
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Find
sgtblooper Offline

created an account just to say THANK YOU SO MUCH.

my computer (hp dv7) was running minecraft at a horrible framerate and after much searching, I figured it was because the integrated graphics card was being used. however, I came across no information that told me why or how to fix this.

and now, after many moons of searching, I've managed to stumble upon this thread. a simple quick fix and now the framerate on minecraft and many other games has skyrocketed. just a HUGE thank you from a random user across cyberspace. Big Grin
05-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Thank you sgtblooper. As a fact only HP laptops have this fix to play OpenGL games using the dedicated AMD card. All the other OEM's must use Intel HD with up-to-date drivers.

If you want, the direct link to share with other players who need help is this: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html
05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Find