Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AddEffectVoice
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
AddEffectVoice

What are the "EffectFile"s in the function
PHP Code: (Select All)
void AddEffectVoice(stringasVoiceFilestringasEffectFilestringasTextCatstringasTextEntry,
bool abUsePositionstringasPosEntityfloat afMinDistancefloat afMaxDistance); 
?

I've looked through every one of these functions in the main game but none of them use this option. Does anybody know what kind of file is it even, and what does it do? There is an "effects" folder in textures folder, but this only has one file in it: colorconv_sepia.tga, which is just a 256x1 file that has a white to sepia gradient across it. I tried running a test map using this image file but nothing happened (as far as I could tell).

If anyone has any idea as to what this does any help would be very much appreciated! Smile

04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28
RE: AddEffectVoice

Hi !
An exemple of this command :
AddEffectVoice("CH03L29_Ending_Agrippa_03", "", "Voice", "CH03L29_Ending_Agrippa_03", false, "", 0, 0);
- CH03L29_Ending_Agrippa_03 = Voice to play, you can find this files in : redist\lang\eng\voices\monolog
- "Voice" and " CH03L29_Ending_Agrippa_03" are categorie and name in the lang file
- "false" and 0, 0 I dont really know what it do
Hop i have helped you, I am not very good in English... sorry

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Website Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
RE: AddEffectVoice

Indeed, but my question lies with the 2nd argument in that command: the "asEffectFile" argument. I want to know what kind of file this is and what it does, but unfortunately every use of this function in the main game leaves this argument as a null value (as does your example). Sad

EDIT: I have found the answer: the "effect" is just another sound file (.ogg, not .snt as far as I'm aware) that plays alongside the voice file.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2012, 01:34 AM by Homicide13.)
04-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Find