Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Wake up script
Saren Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Wake up script

(05-13-2012, 09:10 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 04:35 PM)Rownbear Wrote: Im calling troll on this guy, been 2 weeks and he still havent found a solution to a wakeup script which alot of CS's got today that he could look at.
... You got a good point there

Quote: but yesch, I did try it out and it did not work... as usualll...! Can you do it? cause I can't! I like you... you'r awesome!
Frankly, I'm in no position to disagree with your last point. However, you failed to say how it didn't work, so it's difficult to say why. I would do it for you, except that you said you wanted to learn how to script, so I'm not going to. I can help you, but not if you won't take advice

Just for reference,
Quote: I like you... you'r awesome!
Aaaand once more, in case anyone missed it
Quote: I like you... you'r awesome!
Ahhhh Smile
Yeaa, gotta love me being drunk hahaha, I like litteraly EVERYBODY xD I should'nt be near a computer though.... hmmm... since I was drunk, does that really count? xD

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 02:14 AM by Saren.)
05-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Wait... After SEVEN pages of trying to help with a WAKE-UP SCRIPT, it's STILL not working?...

[Image: 817.jpg?3116]
05-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Find
Saren Offline

(05-14-2012, 03:52 AM)Statyk Wrote: Wait... After SEVEN pages of trying to help with a WAKE-UP SCRIPT, it's STILL not working?...

[Image: 817.jpg?3116]
Fail image link is fail.... and if you TOO have read the like.... I think the last page, I was like... meh, screw it, but Adrianis were like *troll voice*: NOOO, you MUST make it work!!!! BITCH! So I was like..... uhm.... okay... O.O

05-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Bitch you think I'm a troll for constantly trying to help you?! Well, i guess in some ways that makes sense, coming out from under the bridge, relentlessly threatening to fix scripting issues for people, still I resent the implication. Yes, Statyk, seven pages an this guy still won't just take my goddamn advice. I've tried my hardest! I don't even know if my advice would work anymore, I don't even know what I know anymore ...I just... this has GOTTA work man! You gotta help me help you cause this has gone on for far too long, its a very simple process to get sorted an you'll realise how stupid you've been all this time thinking its so hard, but it requires you to actually participate
05-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

dude, saren... its not that difficult...

way to go on insulting people who actually takes the time, and bothers to help you out.. -_-
might wanna search the issue up on your own, using our beloved "search" button up there, and actually learn what youre doing wrong instead of just posting the error here in hopes that that part of your script, will now be done with and will never have to be looked upon again, thanks to the help of fellow modders who are generous enough to take the time to help out.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 03:04 PM by Mine Turtle.)
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Quote: instead of just posting the error here
Man, he aint even doing that. That, would be considered progress
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Find
Saren Offline

(05-14-2012, 01:16 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Bitch you think I'm a troll for constantly trying to help you?! Well, i guess in some ways that makes sense, coming out from under the bridge, relentlessly threatening to fix scripting issues for people, still I resent the implication. Yes, Statyk, seven pages an this guy still won't just take my goddamn advice. I've tried my hardest! I don't even know if my advice would work anymore, I don't even know what I know anymore ...I just... this has GOTTA work man! You gotta help me help you cause this has gone on for far too long, its a very simple process to get sorted an you'll realise how stupid you've been all this time thinking its so hard, but it requires you to actually participate
Chiiiiiiill, I did'nt mean anything as an insult bro, it was a joke....
I qoute: *troll voice*: NOOO, you MUST make it work!!!! BITCH! That means You call ME bitch... lol, not you... why would call you ANYTHING, you tried to help me man... geez.
Ofc I have tried but as I've said.. I DUNNO WHAT'S wrong, there might be atiny mistake somewhere the hell do I know

(05-14-2012, 03:01 PM)darkadders Wrote: dude, saren... its not that difficult...

way to go on insulting people who actually takes the time, and bothers to help you out.. -_-
might wanna search the issue up on your own, using our beloved "search" button up there, and actually learn what youre doing wrong instead of just posting the error here in hopes that that part of your script, will now be done with and will never have to be looked upon again, thanks to the help of fellow modders who are generous enough to take the time to help out.
Still did'nt insult anyone, only if they take it that way, not my fault, and yes, I DO appreciate people taking their time to help out but as you can see, it's a lost cause

05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Haha, I wasn't pissed man dw Smile

You,
Quote: Ofc I have tried but as I've said.. I DUNNO WHAT'S wrong, there might be atiny mistake somewhere the hell do I know
Me, previously,
Quote: However, you failed to say how it didn't work, so it's difficult to say why
You see what I'm trying to say here? I can help, but only if you tell me whats wrong

I don't think you do appreciate the help lol, if you did, you'd probably take advice from people trying to advise you after you asked for advice.

Look man, if you don't understand what I'm saying, you should say so. If you try what I suggest and it doesn't work, you KNOW that I can't see what your doing, and you KNOW that you need to tell us what the problem is with as much detail as possible, because it's been requested by everyone who has suggested help.

If you want, I will stop trying to help. It's gone on for so long... 64 posts over 7 pages over 2 weeks, we'll be setting records with this shit soon Smile But you have to understand, if you want help with an issue, the single most important thing you can do is say exactly how it's failing, if its an error (then what is the error), or if its just not doing what you want (then what is it doing). I know why you have failed to give this information repeatedly (despite being requested repeatedly for more details), because I work in software support and users NEVER give you the details you need upfront, but at least I get payed to deal with them. For a user, its acceptable, but a developer? Man, if you want to learn, you have to learn from what people say. If you don't understand what people say, then you need to say so or nothing will improve
05-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

In the latest code listing, you posted this part of the code:
//Run at the start of the game.
void OnGameStart()
{
//Intro
void Intro()
{

Change that code part with this part:
//Run at the start of the game.
void OnStart()
{

I don't want to hear it if it still doesn't work, because changing OnGameStart() to OnStart(), and either getting rid of Intro() or calling it from OnStart(), is the first step to stop recieving errors.
I don't want to hear you reverting back to your old code you because you messed up elsewhere. You stick with my code part, and move on from there.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Find
Saren Offline

(05-14-2012, 06:39 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Haha, I wasn't pissed man dw Smile

You,
Quote: Ofc I have tried but as I've said.. I DUNNO WHAT'S wrong, there might be atiny mistake somewhere the hell do I know
Me, previously,
Quote: However, you failed to say how it didn't work, so it's difficult to say why
You see what I'm trying to say here? I can help, but only if you tell me whats wrong

I don't think you do appreciate the help lol, if you did, you'd probably take advice from people trying to advise you after you asked for advice.

Look man, if you don't understand what I'm saying, you should say so. If you try what I suggest and it doesn't work, you KNOW that I can't see what your doing, and you KNOW that you need to tell us what the problem is with as much detail as possible, because it's been requested by everyone who has suggested help.

If you want, I will stop trying to help. It's gone on for so long... 64 posts over 7 pages over 2 weeks, we'll be setting records with this shit soon Smile But you have to understand, if you want help with an issue, the single most important thing you can do is say exactly how it's failing, if its an error (then what is the error), or if its just not doing what you want (then what is it doing). I know why you have failed to give this information repeatedly (despite being requested repeatedly for more details), because I work in software support and users NEVER give you the details you need upfront, but at least I get payed to deal with them. For a user, its acceptable, but a developer? Man, if you want to learn, you have to learn from what people say. If you don't understand what people say, then you need to say so or nothing will improve
I know... i'm sry... I do try.... it's just so freakin frustrating when you try 20 god damn times and it STILL won't work for some reasoon.. it's like God somehow prevents it to..... son of a..... btw, the record thing made me læaugh so bad... xD..... ANYWAY.... I wish I COULD tell you what's wrong... but if I don't get an error.... I dunno what's wrong... then it's outta my hands... then the script simply.. I dunno... decides not to work? O.o??
But that dose'nt matter cause you know what!? 4 hours till Diablo III!!!!! UUUURRRAAAAAAAAA!!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM by Saren.)
05-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Find