Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.24 Average
Amnesia - canis abusus [FIXED]
Ultimegastriker Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Amnesia - canis abusus [FIXED]

Nice, beste bisher von dir gesehene Custom Story.
Mach weiter so. Cool

On my YT Channel you can find all Storys from here.
05-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

So, I saw that it had a new monster and that it had some new ideas in it, and gave this a whirl. I'll say this... it has potential. As it is, it falls kind of flat. I think the biggest problem is the pacing. You talk about this new monster of yours, but you ruin the whole unique aspect of it with the first door, where it pops out and goes "aboogywoogywoo". In short, you ruined what could have been great with jump scares. Seriously, don't use jump scares. Just, like, don't. They literally aren't scary anymore. You'll find that your levels are received with much higher praise.

I would also say that hunting for keys does not a good time make. I don't want the gameplay to consist of crouching and looking on the floor for a key, unless there's a specific reason for it. For example, if you're in a room with the door slowly being broken down, and you have to frantically search amongst the rubble in the room for a key, that would actually be frightening (if done sparingly). Simply searching all over an area for a small blue tint while slowly running out of oil is not as fun.

Things to keep in mind for future stories you decide to make:
1. Don't rely on jump scares. It's like the same as rape, in the same way that tickling someone is like rape. Seriously, it is. Jump scares rely on a knee-jerk reaction of the nervous system, much like tickling forces someone to laugh as a nervous response, which is cheap.
2. Test your mapping more throughly. I saw a lot of z-fighting.
3. PACING. A new monster isn't just scary because it's gruesome, there has to be some backstory or reason to be afraid of it other than "it's ugly and wants to eat your face". Don't throw it in the player's face right off the bat, introduce it first in a non-dangerous and non-invasive way.

Sorry if this seemed harsh, but I've seen you release quite a few custom stories, and they've all more or less been the same in quality. So, I hope this helps you shoot more for quality over quantity. Good luck, you have the potential if you just applied it in the right ways. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(05-03-2012, 09:34 PM)Streetboat Wrote: So, I saw that it had a new monster and that it had some new ideas in it, and gave this a whirl. I'll say this... it has potential. As it is, it falls kind of flat. I think the biggest problem is the pacing. You talk about this new monster of yours, but you ruin the whole unique aspect of it with the first door, where it pops out and goes "aboogywoogywoo". In short, you ruined what could have been great with jump scares. Seriously, don't use jump scares. Just, like, don't. They literally aren't scary anymore. You'll find that your levels are received with much higher praise.

I would also say that hunting for keys does not a good time make. I don't want the gameplay to consist of crouching and looking on the floor for a key, unless there's a specific reason for it. For example, if you're in a room with the door slowly being broken down, and you have to frantically search amongst the rubble in the room for a key, that would actually be frightening (if done sparingly). Simply searching all over an area for a small blue tint while slowly running out of oil is not as fun.

Things to keep in mind for future stories you decide to make:
1. Don't rely on jump scares. It's like the same as rape, in the same way that tickling someone is like rape. Seriously, it is. Jump scares rely on a knee-jerk reaction of the nervous system, much like tickling forces someone to laugh as a nervous response, which is cheap.
2. Test your mapping more throughly. I saw a lot of z-fighting.
3. PACING. A new monster isn't just scary because it's gruesome, there has to be some backstory or reason to be afraid of it other than "it's ugly and wants to eat your face". Don't throw it in the player's face right off the bat, introduce it first in a non-dangerous and non-invasive way.

Sorry if this seemed harsh, but I've seen you release quite a few custom stories, and they've all more or less been the same in quality. So, I hope this helps you shoot more for quality over quantity. Good luck, you have the potential if you just applied it in the right ways. Smile
knowing skashi i would assume he will not give a flying f*** about what you said about the jumpscares part.

dont worry, i agree with you.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

Threads: 7

Hey, Just saw the new monster
Spoiler below!
IS that from the Resident Evil 4 Dog? D:
Anyway I enjoyed playing your CS for 10 minutes but I saved and quited when I saw that DOG. Tongue

[With friend] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3xCYzLwNM[/url] Part 1

05-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

(05-05-2012, 11:28 AM)ChocMonPie Wrote: Hey, Just saw the new monster
Spoiler below!
Anyway I enjoyed playing your CS for 10 minutes but I saved and quited when I saw that DOG. Tongue

it's written in the thread,

Zombiedog © Resident evil 5

too scary? O:
05-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

(05-05-2012, 11:35 AM)Skashi Wrote:
(05-05-2012, 11:28 AM)ChocMonPie Wrote: Hey, Just saw the new monster
Spoiler below!

it's written in the thread,

Zombiedog © Resident evil 5

too scary? O:
Well, the dog scared me for the first time. Tongue and you know I love scareness. Big Grin

05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

maybe chapter 2?
05-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

(05-05-2012, 05:14 PM)Skashi Wrote: maybe chapter 2?
AngryAngry WHERE IS IT?? GIMME GIMME!!! Big Grin Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012, 05:28 PM by ChocMonPie.)
05-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(05-05-2012, 05:28 PM)ChocMonPie Wrote:
AngryAngry WHERE IS IT?? GIMME GIMME!!! Big Grin Big Grin
nope, the next story is a longer story with an epic fantasy world
05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

(05-05-2012, 05:36 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(05-05-2012, 05:28 PM)ChocMonPie Wrote:
AngryAngry WHERE IS IT?? GIMME GIMME!!! Big Grin
nope, the next story is a longer story with an epic fantasy world
I'm probably looking forward to it. Big Grin

05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Website Find