Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Solution??? App store release.
dethklok Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago No Solution??? App store release.

Good day. I am writing in regards to the current app store release version of Amnesia. Approx. a month ago a lot of people including myself have been having freeze issues with the game. Since this had been happening you have updated the status to "researching a crash issue with the intel hd 3000" Changing it to to "Nvidia or radeon graphics card required." Most recently to "ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics, no other card supported"!! I searched the forums to see if there is any help with this issue, also by posting the error logs and no response from anyone. What about all those that purchased this game and can't play it? I feel this is an extremely unprofessional way to handle an issue that so many people are having. By simply looking over it? Not offering a refund? Simply changing graphics card supported in the update status? This should have been fine tuned before it was released. I think there would be a lot more negative reviews on the app store if the ability to review wasn't taken away... This is a brand new computer, with up to date drivers. It has no issue with any other 3d applications. That alone does not suggest driver being the issue. Some sort of resolve would be appreciated as the game does have great potential. Also the whole "run in window mode" to temp. fix the issue, does NOT work. You can't even run this game in window mode on a mac, maybe in windows. A speedy response would be great. TY.
04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: No Solution??? App store release.

It it's something caused by the graphics card updates it's not FG's fault at all, and I'm sure they're looking in to it.
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

This is the Windows forum btw. Moved to AMTS
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 06:31 PM by plutomaniac.)
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Find
dethklok Offline

Have to disagree with you there... Why is it then all other 3d apps (including those from the app store), work perfectly fine?
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

So far everything indicates that it is a driver issue and that we can not do anything to fix it (except wait for driver updates, that unfortunately as we know most of the time only comes with OS updates), so to make sure to other people purchase the game the requierments have been updated.

If you are having problems running the game, contact Apple support to get a refund.
04-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Website Find
dethklok Offline

Ah well, that is unfortunate, hopefully it is updated. Thanks for checking on the issue.
04-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

The intel cards have never been officially supported (see http://amnesiagame.com/#buy ). And only in Mac OS X Lion did the Intel HD 3000 card even gain support for OpenGL 2.1 which is the minimum required to play the game.

Now, how long did you play the game before it crashed? And did it crash just the game? or the entire system? What type of mac are you running (Air, macbook pro, imac, etc..).. I've been testing locally on a Macbook Air w/ an Intel HD 3000 card running 10.7.3 and it has been running w/o issue thus far.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Website Find
dethklok Offline

(05-03-2012, 05:07 PM)Urkle Wrote: The intel cards have never been officially supported (see http://amnesiagame.com/#buy ). And only in Mac OS X Lion did the Intel HD 3000 card even gain support for OpenGL 2.1 which is the minimum required to play the game.

Now, how long did you play the game before it crashed? And did it crash just the game? or the entire system? What type of mac are you running (Air, macbook pro, imac, etc..).. I've been testing locally on a Macbook Air w/ an Intel HD 3000 card running 10.7.3 and it has been running w/o issue thus far.
Can run the game approx. 10 minutes before it freezes up. It only locks the game up, doesn't lock up the system. After force quitting the application the computer runs fine. System: Macbook Pro 13,intel core i5 processor, 4gb 1333 MHz ddr3, 10.7.3 and of course the fantastic intel HD 3000. Also, I posted the error log in dutch's original post. Your absolutely right about the overheating, it gets extremely hot before crash. Also, i've ran it on medium to lowest settings with continued issue.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM by dethklok.)
05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Find