Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe of Horror - Mind's Maze (Feedback Wanted)
Clord Offline

Threads: 7
Recipe of Horror - Mind's Maze (Feedback Wanted)

This is an experiment about if I'm on right path with my Custom Story and actually managed to make it creepy experience with kinda rarely seen scenery style. And to quote Daniel "It sure is dark in there".

You can't win yet but be sure to explore everything. Wink

Attached Files
.rar   Mind's Maze v0.11 ALPHA.rar (Size: 25.26 KB / Downloads: 113)
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM by Clord.)
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Nonymos Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Recipe of Horror - Mind's Maze (Feedback Wanted)

In the .lang file, there's a > missing in the fifth line.

And in my opinion, its a lot too dark, there are torches, but no ambient light or whatever.

So, now for some more detailled feedback. After I played your story, I had a look at the map and the script. There are some things that don't seem useful to me. In the first map, the enemy is already active when the player enters. Why do you set him active again when the player interacts with the vase?
Then for the layout of the first map: As I said before, it's really dark. Some ambient lights would be fine, as well as some point lights. I guess you want to create some kind of a prison atmosphere, but you won't create that kind of atmosphere with cells you just copy and paste... I guess there's no decorations due to alpha, so I won't use this as a point.
I can't tell you about the second map ingame, as I haven't found a way to get to it, you have to enter the text boxes in the entity tab of the level door. For the level door itself, it's far to near to the start position, why should anyone want to explore the whole "prison"? There's no need to explore it.
So some tips from my side:
- Add more lights, especially at the start position.
- Add more details to the cells, and at all to the first map.
- Add a way to get to the next level Wink
Hope I helped you kind off. Wink
PS: Sry for grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 07:36 PM by Nonymos.)
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Find
Clord Offline

I found out that active monster just keeps patrolling, so I decided to keep it so. Originally it was going to be triggered by vase. Also some decoration comes in later, but it is some strange mysterious place which may be or may be not just inside someone's mind. Smile

And don't worry, that door is just there because it looks like exit, not intended that player actually gets to use it as for yet at least.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM by Clord.)
04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

I'll give this a look. May take me a day or two (or less). You can see my service thread in my sig, it shows what to expect and what others have said about me.

EDIT: Actually, that didn't take long at all. See your PM box.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 07:52 AM by SUMMER^.)
04-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Find
Clord Offline

(04-14-2012, 07:07 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote: I'll give this a look. May take me a day or two (or less). You can see my service thread in my sig, it shows what to expect and what others have said about me.

EDIT: Actually, that didn't take long at all. See your PM box.
Hehe, it only take bit over half of the month me to check it out. I'm one of those guys who need to have inspiration to carry on doing the project. Smile
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Find