Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help .snt / other sound effect's volume
Sazureth Offline

Threads: 8
.snt / other sound effect's volume

Hey.
Is it possible to change the volume of a .snt sound effect or use .ogg when I'm playing music at the same time?
On my current project, besides music I want rain -and occasional thunder/rockslide/owl effects, but the problem is that the volumes feel really uneven. I, for example, can hear owls barely at all with all the other sound effects playing.

/E: Oh, btw. I cannot use FadeGlobalSoundVolume since I want to adjust every sound effect individually.
Second edit: What does the string& asSoundName' mean in PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName...
I though that'd give a name to the sound, but apparently not?
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 03:12 PM by Sazureth.)
05-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: .snt / other sound effect's volume

The asSoundName is the internal name of the PlaySoundAtEntity. I guess it is used when you delete the sound. Because then you have to specify an internal name and that should be it

Trying is the first step to success.
06-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Find
Ermu Offline

Threads: 13
RE: .snt / other sound effect's volume

(05-06-2012, 02:52 PM)Sazureth Wrote: Hey.
Is it possible to change the volume of a .snt sound effect or use .ogg when I'm playing music at the same time?
On my current project, besides music I want rain -and occasional thunder/rockslide/owl effects, but the problem is that the volumes feel really uneven. I, for example, can hear owls barely at all with all the other sound effects playing.

/E: Oh, btw. I cannot use FadeGlobalSoundVolume since I want to adjust every sound effect individually.
Second edit: What does the string& asSoundName' mean in PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName...
I though that'd give a name to the sound, but apparently not?
You can change the volume in the .snt file. (<PROPERTIES Volume="0.5" part in .snt)

PlaySoundAtEntity("", "yoursound.snt", "EntityNameToPlayAt", float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);

Adjust these 2 as you want:
afFadeTime - time in seconds the sound needs to fade
abSaveSound - determines whether a sound should “remember” its state. If true, the sound is never attached to the entity! Also note that saving should on be used on looping sounds!
06-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Find