Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing: A Dark Night In London (FC)
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Announcing: A Dark Night In London (FC)

(05-14-2012, 10:03 AM)darkadders Wrote: from the screenshots id say this is an average "house in the woods" story. if you wanna have the feel of london in your story, you'd probably wanna make old 19th century lightpoles, houses, building, apartments, roads etc etc.

a mansion in the middle of the forest reminds me more of a haunted house in the woods story than london, so i HIGHLY concider making an actual city scene if you wanna do this properly.
It's actually set in a fictional park. The fact that it's London isn't really strongly relevant to the story, it just needed to be set in England, and London is well known. A city scene at the end would be cool indeed, however it'd also mean a load of Custom stuff that I don't really want to have to do. I'm already having to make two custom enemies for this (which might not even work out, as it's the first time i've tried to model at all) and as AMFP is coming out this year, i'm really working on a tight enough schedule here. I am actually considering making 19th century London lamp posts though, if they havn't already been done by someone else that is.

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(05-12-2012, 01:58 PM)Adrianis Wrote: In the dark picture, which is very dark indeed, the rain looks illuminated which is a tad inconsistent with how rain works Smile Just something to think on

Looks good otherwise, good luck mate
Fixed Smile It's just about visible in the dark now. You can just about see some of it in the new screen shot I added. Enjoy Smile

05-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

make a lightbulb... streetlaps arent filled with fire. silly billy Tongue

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(05-19-2012, 01:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: make a lightbulb... streetlaps arent filled with fire. silly billy Tongue
XD no offense but this has me in stitches. I hope you're joking, as the light bulb as we know it wasn't invented until 1892, and even then it didn't become widely used until 1900 or so Tongue Before this, lamps like the one I have made were lit by oil, or something like that. Hence - fire Tongue

05-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Find