Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Watch Out! Trojan Virus.
lizard lips Offline

Threads: 12
Watch Out! Trojan Virus.

I think their a virus monster lurking on the download site at gamesfront when you download custom stories from there. A few days ago, I tried to get THe THings In the Night and it said it detected a virus so i got out of there and restarted my computer. Then I tried to get The Monster Affair, when the same thing happened and i did the same thing. Thankfully my comuter didnt get infected, but its strange. Just letting you have a warning.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 11:43 PM by lizard lips.)
05-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Watch Out! Trojan Virus.

(05-15-2012, 11:42 PM)lizard lips Wrote: I think their a virus monster lurking on the download site at gamesfront when you download custom stories from there. A few days ago, I tried to get THe THings In the Night and it said it detected a virus so i got out of there and restarted my computer. Then I tried to get The Monster Affair, when the same thing happened and i did the same thing. Thankfully my comuter didnt get infected, but its strange. Just letting you have a warning.
It could be that Gamesfront has been hacked.
Have you tried scanning your own computer, so that you can rule out that it's not your own computer that's infecting your downloaded files?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Find
lizard lips Offline

Threads: 12

Yes. I scaned it and my computer isn't acting strangely.
05-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Nope, your antivirus sucks a little-bit. That's all.

[Image: monsterscan.png]
05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Find