Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 3.68 Average
Tenebris Lake Full Conversion
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion

Heh, my record for beating this mod is 41 minutes. Can anyone beat it? Big Grin

06-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Find
Xen0 Offline

Threads: 0

Ok,here is a picture of this Black Box

[Image: BlackBox.png]
06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
CarlieO Offline

(06-14-2012, 06:31 AM)Measuring Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 03:50 AM)CarlieO Wrote: I am using a Mac to play Amnesia and I tried to download this CS but it won't show up. I'm not sure why. I really want to play this!
I put the extracted file in the Custom Story folder and it won't show up.

I even moved the english.lang file out from the other files and into the folder (cause this worked with some other CS's) but this didn't work.

Also, I do have Justine.
This is not a Custom Story, as the title says, it's a full conversion these are installed differently. There is even a readme file in the downloaded archive. But I am not sure if this mod works on Mac but feel free to try.
Yeah I found that out after I did some research. You have to install it differently. You can't put it in the main Amnesia folder cause it'll screw everything up with the mac version. I supposedly have to still put it in the custom stories folder. I can't get it to work though so I'm not sure if I can play it on a mac Undecided Sucks, cause I really wanted to try it.
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-14-2012, 04:39 PM)CarlieO Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 03:50 AM)CarlieO Wrote: I am using a Mac to play Amnesia and I tried to download this CS but it won't show up. I'm not sure why. I really want to play this!

I even moved the english.lang file out from the other files and into the folder (cause this worked with some other CS's) but this didn't work.

Also, I do have Justine.
This is not a Custom Story, as the title says, it's a full conversion these are installed differently. There is even a readme file in the downloaded archive. But I am not sure if this mod works on Mac but feel free to try.
Yeah I found that out after I did some research. You have to install it differently. You can't put it in the main Amnesia folder cause it'll screw everything up with the mac version. I supposedly have to still put it in the custom stories folder. I can't get it to work though so I'm not sure if I can play it on a mac Undecided Sucks, cause I really wanted to try it.
Do you have it on Steam or did you buy retail? Getting full conversions to run on Macs through Steam is simple, but getting them to work on retail is next to impossible.

Posting Freak
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(06-14-2012, 12:05 PM)Xen0 Wrote: Ok,here is a picture of this Black Box

[Image: BlackBox.png]
:O I think you have the exact same black box as me.

At least we know now it's not just me!!!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
06-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Find
CarlieO Offline

(06-14-2012, 10:35 PM)kman Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 04:39 PM)CarlieO Wrote:

Also, I do have Justine.
Do you have it on Steam or did you buy retail? Getting full conversions to run on Macs through Steam is simple, but getting them to work on retail is next to impossible.
I did have it through the app store... but I kept reading things about steam, and it was only $9.99 on there so I bought it through steam. So yeah, I do have it through steam now.

How do I get them to run??
06-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(06-15-2012, 02:32 AM)CarlieO Wrote: I did have it through the app store... but I kept reading things about steam, and it was only $9.99 on there so I bought it through steam. So yeah, I do have it through steam now.

1. Extract the folder to the main redist folder
2. Go into Steam and right click Amnesia and click "properties"
3. Go into "set launch options"
4. Change it to "*main Tenebris Lake folder name here*/config/main_init.cfg" and run it

Note that some of the names of certain folders/files might be slightly different.

Posting Freak
06-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Website Find
CarlieO Offline

(06-15-2012, 02:52 AM)kman Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:32 AM)CarlieO Wrote: I did have it through the app store... but I kept reading things about steam, and it was only $9.99 on there so I bought it through steam. So yeah, I do have it through steam now.

4. Change it to "*main Tenebris Lake folder name here*/config/main_init.cfg" and run it

Note that some of the names of certain folders/files might be slightly different.
Okay so, the main redist folder you go to by going to Library, Applications Support, Steam, Steam Apps, Common, Amnesia the Dark Descent, right?

Also, as you can probably tell I'm sooo new to this game and custom stories / full conversion mods and stuff. If I do this it won't screw up the Amnesia game I have will it? >.<
06-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(06-15-2012, 03:35 AM)CarlieO Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:52 AM)kman Wrote:

Okay so, the main redist folder you go to by going to Library, Applications Support, Steam, Steam Apps, Common, Amnesia the Dark Descent, right?

Also, as you can probably tell I'm sooo new to this game and custom stories / full conversion mods and stuff. If I do this it won't screw up the Amnesia game I have will it? >.<

Yes, that's the redist folder. And as long as you don't extract the contents of the main Tenebris Lake folder it won't mess up your game (if it gives you a message along the lines of "would you like to overwrite *blah*?" then you did something wrong).

Posting Freak
06-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Website Find
CarlieO Offline

(06-15-2012, 04:06 AM)kman Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 03:35 AM)CarlieO Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:52 AM)kman Wrote: 1. Extract the folder to the main redist folder

Yes, that's the redist folder. And as long as you don't extract the contents of the main Tenebris Lake folder it won't mess up your game (if it gives you a message along the lines of "would you like to overwrite *blah*?" then you did something wrong).
Okay. I didn't overwrite anything. I put the Tenebris Lake folder in the redist folder and did all the change of launch options on steam and it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong. This stuff makes my brain hurt lol. Maybe I'll just stick to custom stories. I know I can get them to show up and work. Confused
06-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Find