Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia won't launch on Mac
DarkNightmaress Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia won't launch on Mac

I bought and downloaded Amnesia through Steam and I can't seem to get the game to start. I click play and the launcher bounces in my dock but nothing happens. The launcher stays there until I force quit it and I have no idea what is wrong.

I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling/re-installing it again, and verifying the game cache. I've looked into the game's files in library/application support/steam/steam apps/common/amnesia the dark descent and it seems there are two launchers. One is launcher.app and the other is amnesia.app. Launcher.app does the problem I've explained above and when I click on amnesia.app. The launcher pops in my dock for a second and then I get an error that says "Amnesia quit unexpectedly."

I've been searching all over the forums through Frictional and Steam and I can't seem to find any solution to my problem. Here are my mac details if it helps in any way. I'd be grateful to get any help with this, it's been very frustrating.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM by DarkNightmaress.)
05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia won't launch on Mac

Most likely this is a steam issue (again). Try resetting steam by following the directions here

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-TIAL-4638

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
05-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Website Find