Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistons and editing monsters
Nuclearbones Offline

Threads: 19
Pistons and editing monsters

Hello again,

This time I come to you people for advice on elevators. For one thing, how do I get a piston running and how do I turn an object into an entity? That's all I need to know really. I got everything else covered (Thank you Rapture!). I would be grateful to know.

Oh, and also I want to know how to edit the Servant Grunt so that rainbow trails come out of his hands and so that it plays different music. That would also be very helpful.

Thank you all
05-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Pistons and editing monsters

Lol about the grunt thing.
I can't help you, but maybe you can ask [b]"nemesis567"[/b], the one running the challenge thread. Or anyone else probably capable of what you're requesting.
Good luck!

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

1) Turning an object into an entity? I assume you mean entity into an item. You need to have a .tga image for the inventory (not sure on size...small, though), as well as having to set the entity as an item in the model editor under User Defined Settings.
2) Editing the grunt is a matter of creating a particle system and attaching it to his hands, and the music can be changed in the User Defined Settings as well. Be sure to save it as something along the lines of servant_grunt_Whateveryouwanthere.ent so as not to replace your original grunt.

05-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

Threads: 19

(05-22-2012, 06:22 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: 1) Turning an object into an entity? I assume you mean entity into an item. You need to have a .tga image for the inventory (not sure on size...small, though), as well as having to set the entity as an item in the model editor under User Defined Settings.
2) Editing the grunt is a matter of creating a particle system and attaching it to his hands, and the music can be changed in the User Defined Settings as well. Be sure to save it as something along the lines of servant_grunt_Whateveryouwanthere.ent so as not to replace your original grunt.
Um yeah you'll need to elaborate on "attaching". I'm kinda "new" to all of this.
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

Open up the model editor, open the entity of your choice then experiment with the user defined variables in settings and experiment with all the stuff in the left menu Smile Experimenting is the best way to learn, but remember never overwrite the original files it will cause major problems

06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Find